[homeles_ot-l] People for a Better Ottawa (PBO) website & housing question

Lynne Browne lbrowne at ysb.on.ca
Fri Nov 16 16:28:12 EST 2007

Hello all,

Please circulate the link to your groups, contacts, friends and families the
link to HYPERLINK "http://www.betterottawa.ca"www.betterottawa.ca or
HYPERLINK "http://www.meilleurottawa.ca"www.meilleurottawa.ca , the People
for a Better Ottawa (PBO) website. I suggest checking in frequently for news
as the budget debate continues.  I’ve also attached the new brochure for
People for a Better Ottawa and their starting point questions for the
consultations.

Please consider asking a question about the need to increase truly
affordable housing, not reduce our capacity to develop it.

Housing in the Draft Budget:  on pages 100 –107, in the Draft at HYPERLINK
"http://www.ottawa.ca/city_hall/budget/budget_2008/images/cps_en.pdf"http://
www.ottawa.ca/city_hall/budget/budget_2008/images/cps_en.pdf

The reduction option here is – to cut 3 FTEs at $160,000 in the Housing
Branch – Reduce affordable housing development program by eliminating 3
full-time permanent FTEs and using provincial administration payments to
procure temporary staff person for delivery of Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
only.

Impact on Public / City Departments – Eliminates capacity building and
on-going support to developers, which will reduce ability of Ottawa to
respond to future capital funding opportunities for affordable housing.
Reduces ability to monitor existing and future contracts. Staff currently
manage 11 contracts for projects worth $64 million.

CITY BUDGET DEBATE 2008

LE PROCESSUS BUDGETAIRE MUNICIPAL 2008

NOVEMBER 15 to NOVEMBER 30

 Attend HYPERLINK
"http://www.ottawa.ca/city_hall/budget/budget_2008/consultations_en.html"pub
lic consultations on the draft budget – HYPERLINK
"http://www.cawi-ivtf.org/word/Sample_Questions_Budget_Con2008_En.doc"ask
the right questions

 Assistez aux HYPERLINK
"http://www.ottawa.ca/city_hall/budget/budget_2008/consultations_fr.html"con
sultations de quartiers menées - posez HYPERLINK
"http://www.cawi-ivtf.org/word/FR/Sample_Questions_Budget_Con2008_FR.doc"des
questions à votre conseiller, conseillère.

More info HYPERLINK "http://www.betterottawa.ca"www.betterottawa.ca  or Plus
d'information HYPERLINK "http://www.meilleurottawa.ca/"www.meilleurottawa.ca

Also, see Budget 2008 – Get Involved / Contact Us, on the City of Ottawa
website HYPERLINK
"http://www.ottawa.ca/city_hall/budget/budget_2008/contact_get_involved_en.h
tml"http://www.ottawa.ca/city_hall/budget/budget_2008/contact_get_involved_e
n.html

Do you have ideas, questions, or opinions about the 2008 Draft Budget? The
City of Ottawa would like to hear them. Here’s how to contact us:

*                   Get in touch with your HYPERLINK
"http://www.ottawa.ca/city_hall/mayor_council/councillors/index_en.html"City
Councillor

*                   Contact the City of Ottawa:

o                  E-mail: HYPERLINK "mailto:311 at ottawa.ca"311 at ottawa.ca

o                  Phone: 3-1-1

o                  TTY: 613-580-2401

o                  Fax: 613-560-6082

o                  Mail:
City Treasurer, City Manager’s Office
110 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, ON K1P 1J1

Thank you,

Lynne

Lynne Browne
Coordinator, Alliance to End Homelessness
147 Besserer Street, Ottawa ON  K1N 6A7
613-241-7913 x 205, lbrowne at ysb.on.ca
www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca

Checked by AVG Free Edition.