[homeles_ot-l] Fw: Voting for AHAC parity

Bruce Ransom bransom at wabano.com
Wed Sep 26 14:13:29 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: Carlie Chase
To: internalall at wabano.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 12:30 PM
Subject: Voting for AHAC parity

Hello everyone,

As I think most of you are aware, AHAC's (Aboriginal Health Access Centres i.e. Wabano) get much less funding than CHC's (Community Health Centres). We get less operational money, less salary dollars, fewer core positions etc, etc, etc. Executive Directors and Health Directors of AHAC's (including Wabano) have been lobbying for AHAC parity for quite some time.

With the provincial election close at hand, the AOHC (Association of Ontario Health Centres) has taken the lead in getting CHC's to send letters to provincial leaders on crucial health matters - of which, AHAC parity is one of them.

So, what does this mean to you as a Wabano staff? Simple: go to AOHC website and send a pre-written letter to our politicians. Here are the 4 easy steps you need to do:
1) Go to www.aohc.org
2) Click on the left-hand square that says "Election 2007"
3) Click on the middle bullet - "Eliminate the second class status of Aboriginal Health Access Centres (AHACs) and the clients they serve". Click continue.
4) Enter your information requested at the bottom of the pre-written letter. Click Send.

Please do this as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Carlie

Checked by AVG Free Edition.