[homeles_ot-l] FW: OCISO Celebrates 30 Successful Years of Serving Immigrants and Refugees in the Community

Lynne Browne lbrowne at ysb.on.ca
Mon Nov 10 16:27:56 EST 2008

FYI…Lynne Browne

147 Besserer Street, Ottawa, ON K1N 6A7
HYPERLINK "mailto:lbrowne at ysb.on.ca"lbrowne at ysb.on.ca,  613-241-7913 ext 205

www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca

   _____

From: Naqvi_Yasir-MPP-CO [mailto:ynaqvi.mpp.co at liberal.ola.org]
Sent: November 10, 2008 1:44 PM
Subject: OCISO Celebrates 30 Successful Years of Serving Immigrants and
Refugees in the Community

Dear Friends,

Ottawa Community Immigrant Services Organization is turning 30 this year. In
celebration of their 30th Anniversary, they are presenting an Awards Gala
Dinner on November 20, 2008, from 6pm to 10pm, at the Cleo Banquet Hall on
156 Cleopatra Drive, Ottawa. I am thrilled to be the Honourary Chair of the
Gala Dinner.

The Awards Gala will be a spirited evening of fine dining, spectacular
entertainment, insightful presentations, dancing and a silent auction. The
Gala is an opportunity to honour and award community members that have made
outstanding contributions to enable immigrants and their families to fully
participate in an open and welcoming Ottawa. OCISO recognizes the need to
raise public awareness about the contributions made for and by immigrants
and refugees to their communities; the Community Awards of Excellence (OCAE)
will be vehicle to positively and publicly recognize champions and an
organization for their achievements. The OCAE is a community driven process
with members of the community nominating candidates, and volunteers
conducting the selection process.

I encourage you to join me at the Awards Gala as we celebrate the hard work
and dedication of the countless volunteers, staff and community leaders who
have helped to ensure that new Canadians make a prosperous and successful
transition to living here in Ottawa. For tickets, please contact   Jeannette
Wright at 613-725-5671 ext. 332 or HYPERLINK
"mailto:jwright at ociso.org"jwright at ociso.org.

Thank you for your support!

Yasir

Yasir Naqvi, MPP

Ottawa Centre

Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Revenue

Community Office:

411 Roosevelt Ave, Suite 204

Ottawa ON  K2A 3X9

T: 613 722 6414