[homeles_ot-l] Fwd: update on campaign to raise ODSP rates

Terrie mocharebyl at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 16:35:22 EDT 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Naomi Berlyne <naomibe at houselink.on.ca>
Date: Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 3:25 PM
Subject: update on campaign to raise ODSP rates
To: odspaction at googlegroups.com, odspaction-announce at googlegroups.com

 As many on this list already know, a group of us at Houselink Community
Homes in Toronto, started a campaign last spring to raise ODSP rates by 20%,
which we called "Disability Should not be a Poverty Life-Sentence".  We have
been asking  both individuals and groups to support the campaign by
completing a letter of endorsement, and sending it back to us.

I am happy to report that we have now received around 250 letters of
endorsement from people and groups around the Province, and we will be
passing these onto Deb Matthews as well as other  MPP's, in the next couple
of months

However, we will be accepting endorsement letters for another month, until
the end of September. So if you have not yet endorsed the campaign and would
like to (it is very easy to do), please see the attachment for details, or
else go to:  www.houselink.on.ca/links/  scroll down to the bottom and click
'campaign to raise ODSP rates'.

For those of you who already have endorsed the campaign, we wish to thank
you very much for doing so.

Naomi Berlyne

Community Development Coordinator

Houselink