[homeles_ot-l] New Horizons for Seniors Program - Call For Proposals

Lynne Browne lbrowne at ysb.on.ca
Wed May 6 11:12:05 EDT 2009

FYI . . . with thanks to Evelyne Power Reid for passing it on.
147 Besserer St., Ottawa, ON K1N 6A7
613-241-7913, ext. 205
www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca
> Subject:	New Horizons for Seniors Program (NHSP) - CFP
>
> Good morning,
>
> The New Horizons for Seniors Program (NHSP) is currently running a Call
For Proposals for our Community Participation and Leadership component.

> The call runs from April 15th to June 12th, 2009. Eligible applicants
include non-profit organizations, municipal governments, band/tribal
councils and other Aboriginal organizations, as well as community-based
coalitions, networks and ad hoc committees.

> Community Participation and Leadership provides grant funding up to
$25,000 to non-profit organizations for projects that encourage seniors to
contribute to their communities by sharing their skills, wisdom and
experience and helping to reduce isolation.

> Details about New Horizons for Seniors, including funding priorities,
applications and application guidelines are available at

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/community_partnerships/seniors/funding/cpl/index.s
html.

> NHSP brochures were sent to each office from Service Strategies several
weeks ago.

> For more information:
> Toll free: 1-800-277-9914
> TTY: 1-800-255-4786
> Internet: http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca
>
> Internally, you may refer any questions to either:
>
> Michael Levstein
> New Horizons for Seniors Program
> Telephone: 416-954-7309
>
> Or,
>
> Auditi Seal
> Programme Nouveaux Horizons pour les aînés
> Téléphone : 416-952-2824
>

> Thank you,
>
> Trish Trainor
> Manager, Regional Operations
> Gestionnaire, opérations régionales
> Labour Market and Social Development Program Branch
> Direction générale des programmes du marché du travail et de développement
social
> Service Canada
> Ontario region / Région de l'Ontario
> 416-954-7341