[homeles_ot-l] May 23 FW: Community Forum on proposed changes at the city

Lynne Browne lbrowne at ysb.on.ca
Fri May 8 12:34:21 EDT 2009

FYI Lynne Browne

147 Besserer St., Ottawa, ON K1N 6A7

613-241-7913, ext. 205

HYPERLINK "http://www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca/"www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca

   _____

From: Linda Lalonde [mailto:linda_lalonde_ottawa at yahoo.com]
Sent: May 8, 2009 1:39 AM
To: Linda Lalonde
Subject: Community Forum on proposed changes at the city

Hi folks,

Attached is a poster, in English & French, for a Community Forum about the
changes that are being proposed to the decision-making processes,
involvement of citizens and ways city services will be delivered at City
Hall in the future.

The forum is being organized by People for a Better Ottawa (PBO) which is a
broad-based coalition of individuals and community organizations that has
been involved in municipal affairs for over 5 years. It is intended for
ordinary folks and the results of the discussions will be compiled and taken
to Council. We will have coffee and muffins during registration starting at
9:30 and the forum will run from 10:00 to 1:00 including a light lunch.

Council's plan is to have these changes passed by the end of June so the
window for public involvement is going to be very small. We will have some
background information available on our website HYPERLINK
"http://www.betterottawa-meilleurottawa.ca"www.betterottawa-meilleurottawa.c
a by May 19th. There is a discussion paper with PBO's principles for
municipal governance on the site now.

I hope you will join us at First United, 297 Richmond Road near Churchill,
on May 23rd. The #2 and #18 buses stop right at the church.

Linda Lalonde.

   _____

 HYPERLINK "http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/ca/iotg_search.jpg"HYPERLINK
"http://ca.toolbar.yahoo.com/"Yahoo! Canada Toolbar : Search from anywhere
on the web and bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now!

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
Checked by AVG.
5:53 PM