[homeles_ot-l] Community Capacity Building Training - How to be an Ally to Transgender Clients

Hale, Katherine Katherine.Hale at ottawa.ca
Tue Sep 1 16:32:13 EDT 2009

Please see the attached poster for an upcoming program from the Community Capacity Building Training Team:

Thanks to our sponsors - there is no charge for this session, but registration is required:
To register e-mail: homelessnessccb at ottawa.ca
or call Joyce at 613-580-2424 ext. 15696

Thanks to Centre Espoir Sophie; Youth Services Bureau; The Aids Committee of Ottawa, and Venus Envy

Gender roles are some of the first things we learn as children and many people find it challenging to explore them. Transgender and intersex people are already part of our client base and if we want to serve them to the best of our abilities, we need to be able to recognize and work with the range of gender identities that exist in the world. We'll explore some of the ways that gender rules are created and enforced, examine our assumptions about gender, discuss the gender diversity that exists around us (whether we know it or not), and develop strategies for overcoming the challenges we face as service providers.

Watch for other programs on the website:
<<http://www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca/events/training.cfm>>

 <<How to be an Ally to Transgender Clients poster 3.pdf>>

Katherine Hale - Homelessness Initiatives Team
Policy, Evaluation and Community Partnerships Branch
Community and Social Services Department
City of Ottawa
100 Constellation Cres, 8th Floor East
613-580-2424 ext 44179
613-580-2648 (fax)

This e-mail originates from the City of Ottawa e-mail system. Any
distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it
contains by other than the intended recipient(s) is unauthorized.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify me at the
telephone number shown above or by return e-mail and delete
this communication and any copy immediately. Thank you.

Le présent courriel a été expédié par le système de courriels de
la Ville d'Ottawa. Toute distribution, utilisation ou
reproduction du courriel ou des renseignements qui s'y trouvent
par une personne autre que son destinataire prévu est interdite.
Si vous avez reçu le message par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser par
téléphone (au numéro précité) ou par courriel, puis supprimer
sans délai la version originale de la communication ainsi que
toutes ses copies. Je vous remercie de votre collaboration.