[homeles_ot-l] Reminder: Sept 25th ATEH Membership Meeting

Lynne Browne lbrowne at ysb.on.ca
Mon Sep 21 17:10:48 EDT 2009

Reminder     (our apologies for duplicate postings)

The Alliance to End Homelessness Membership Meeting is this Friday, Sept
25th, at 9 a.m. at CMHA, 1355 Bank Street on the 4th Floor.

This will be an opportunity for ATEH Members to work with the Steering
Committee to prepare ATEH's policy priorities for Ontario's Consultation to
Develop a Long Term Affordable Housing Strategy, within the framework of the
ATEH Terms of Reference.  These priorities will be formally submitted to the
province and circulated to our partners, and the ATEH Chair will use it at
Minister Watson's Stakeholders' Consultation later this fall.

*	Our facilitated process on the 25th will identify where we have
consensus. Points where we do not have consensus will be omitted and left to
individual member agencies to act on.

*	Attached for your information are:

1.      "25.09.09 ATEH mtg to set Policy Priorities for its LTAHS
submission" which is an overview of:

o         ATEH current but brief policy statements in 2008 Report Card, its
position on a National Housing Strategy and on Stimulus Funding

o         Housing Network on Ontario Strategic Statements

o         Summary - City of Ottawa Proposals to the Minister of MMAH

2.       "Backgrounder Ottawa-Ontario HNO Sept 09 update"
This is a brief audit or description with data on the current situation of
affordable housing and homelessness in Ottawa and Ontario

3.      "Terms of Reference for ATEH FINAL Sept 4 2009"

One of the tasks the Steering Committee included in the ATEH Strategic
Priorities and Actions for 2009-2011 is to determine specific key messages
that urge funders to address affordable housing and housing support needs.
The goal Friday will be to produce an overarching strategic statement on
what ATEH Members envision for Ontario's affordable housing strategy,
including: general, high level principles and a list of local policy needs
(we will leave fine details to our sub-sector experts).

147 Besserer St., 2nd Floor, Ottawa, ON K1N 6A7

613-241-7913, ext. 205

www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca <http://www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca/>