[homeles_ot-l] Location RE: SCAN Community meeting May 13

Lynne Browne lbrowne at ysb.on.ca
Mon Apr 26 09:59:39 EDT 2010

FYI . . .  Rob MacDonald has just advised that the location for the upcoming
SCAN Community Conversation

*        May 13th, 2010

*        7:30 P.M. - 9:00 P.M. (doors open at 7:00 P.M.)

*        Location: Dominion-Chalmers United Church, 355 Cooper Street
(Parking off of Lisgar)

>From Rob MacDonald: The Centretown Citizens Community Association is holding
a meeting about SCAN (Safer Communities and Neighbourhoods legislation) on
May 13, 2010 for community members to learn more about the proposed
legislation and identify concerns.  The information is pasted below. Tenant
Advocacy groups across the province have condemned this legislation for
taking away fundamental rights of tenants who could be thrown out into the
street without due process or legal representation. It is shortsighted
legislation based on Americanized models that have failed in the "war on
drugs" and rather than provide funding for treatment centres and mental
health services, we instead see politicians and legislators blame the
justice system and criminalize the poor.

http://sites.google.com/site/centretowncitizens/ ---

SAFETY - A Community Conversation on SCAN

What is SCAN?  What does it mean for Centretown, for Ottawa?

The CCCA's Safety Committee will be hosting a Community Conversation on SCAN
(Safer Communities and Neighbourhoods) in order to give Centretowners a
chance to listen and ask questions - to voice their approval or concerns
about the SCAN legislation.

Mark your calendar and join us on Thursday, May 13th for an expert panel
discussion moderated by Ottawa's own CTV News at Six Graham Richardson.  The
discussion will be followed by a Questions and Answers session.

For more information contact Denis Schryburt at  <mailto:denis1 at rogers.com>
denis1 at rogers.com.

***************************

147 Besserer St., 2nd Floor, Ottawa, ON K1N 6A7

Cell 613-513-6647

Office 613-241-7913, ext. 205

www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca <http://www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca/>

  _____

7:30 P.M. - 9:00 P.M. (doors open at 7:00 P.M.)
What is SCAN?  What does it mean for Centretown, for Ottawa?

The CCCA's Safety Committee will be hosting a Community Conversation on SCAN
(Safer Communities and Neighbourhoods) in order to give Centretowners a
chance to listen and ask questions - to voice their approval or concerns
about the SCAN legislation.

Mark your calendar and join us on Thursday, May 13th for an expert panel
discussion moderated by Ottawa's own CTV News at Six Graham Richardson.  The
discussion will be followed by a Questions and Answers session.

Location and panelists to be announced shortly on this site.

For more information contact Denis Schryburt at denis1 at rogers.com.

Hi, everyone,

--
Rob MacDonald,

"Warriors, warriors we call ourselves.  We fight for
splendid virtue, for high endeavour, for sublime wisdom,
therefore we call ourselves warriors."
Aunguttara Nikaya