[homeles_ot-l] Call for Canadian contributions - November Edition of Parity "Homelessness and Dispossession"

Lynne Browne lbrowne at ysb.on.ca
Mon Aug 16 11:32:45 EDT 2010

FYI,   Please feel free to share with others in Canada who may be
interested in contributing.

From: Noel Murray <noel at chp.org.au>
Date: Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 2:21 AM
Subject: The November "Homelessness and Dispossession" Edition of Parity

Dear Alliance to End Homelessness Ottawa,

I am writing to you in the hope that you can distribute the attached
Call for Contributions to your colleagues and throughout your networks.

The planned November 2010 edition aims to examine, analyse and discuss
the nature and character of indigenous homelessness and in particular
the different responses to indigenous homelessness in Australia, Canada
and New Zealand.

Parity is the national publication of the Council to Homeless Persons
and in collaboration with my colleagues in New Zealand I have put
together two publications, one looking at responses to homelessness in
NZ and the other on our respective approaches to early intervention and
prevention. (See www.chp.org.au/parity)

The Council to Homeless Persons (CHP) (www.chp.org.au
<http://www.chp.org.au/> ) and the New Zealand Coalition to End
Homelessness (NZCEH) (nzceh.wikispaces.com
<http://nzceh.wikispaces.com/>  ) have worked together in the past and I
am hoping that there is sufficient interest in Canada to make this a
truly international publication.

I welcome any ideas or suggestions for who I could contact to contribute
to this discussion.

Likewise, I welcome any ideas and suggestions about who I might approach
in Canada to join with CHP and the NZCEH to sponsor the edition.

I have attached a PDF copy of a recent edition of Parity for your
perusal.

I am happy to answer any questions you may have about this project.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Noel Murray

Parity Editor

Council to Homeless Persons