[homeles_ot-l] (no subject)

Ruth Dulmage rdulmage at ysb.on.ca
Mon Aug 23 10:48:39 EDT 2010

Good Morning All,

So often, queries, questions and comments provide an opportunity for education and dialog.

It is heartwarming to read the countless notes acknowledging the importance of GLBTTQQ events on this list serve. Historically many studies indicated this population represented 40-50 percent of homeless youth. A research project from BC two years ago confirmed that nearly 90 percent of female identified homeless youth, also self-identified as bisexual.

Given that anxiety, depression, suicide ideation, suicide attempts, suicide and addictions are more prevalent amongst glbttqq youth, events such as the one posted on Friday, are important and vital services.

SHAG stands for Sexual Health Advisory Group.

Happy Pride Week to all!

Ruth

Ruth Dulmage, MSW
Manager Health & Housing Services, YSB
Co-Chair GLBTTQ Youth Service Providers Network