[homeles_ot-l] FW: National Forum on Homelessness

Lynne Browne lbrowne at ysb.on.ca
Fri Aug 27 11:41:51 EDT 2010

Hello everyone - ATEH's Research and Evaluation Working Group would appreciate knowing if any of you plan to be on a panel or to attend this Forum in Montreal. If you send me a quick note I'll let them know. Thanks, Lynne Browne

FYI, on the program so far:

Exchange workshops 1

1. The "not in my backyard" phenomenon, a break to solidarity

2. Challenges of comorbidity issues (mental health and addiction)

3. Disturbing behaviours of users in resources. What to do?

4. Challenges of acting on homelessness in rural or small town

5. Homeless youth

6. Using art in intervention

7. Intervention with Aboriginal and Inuit

8. Working with the police. A necessity?

Exchange workshops 2

1. Working on health issues of homeless people

2. Sharing public space. How to reduce conflict in public space?

3. Confidentiality issues: between ethic and risk gestion

4. Offering specialized services or adaptation existing ones?

5. How to fight prejudice and stereotypes?

6. Promoting housing stabilization?

7. Family Homelessness

8. How to encourage user participation in resources?

9. Homeless lesbian, gay, bisexual, transsexual and transgender