[homeles_ot-l] Andrew Rheaume

Linda Lalonde linda_lalonde_ottawa at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 18 08:19:59 EST 2010

Hi Folks,

Many of you will, like me, have worked with Andrew Rheaume from the Vanier Community Service Centre over the years. I'm sorry to bring the news that he passed away yesterday, December 16th - he had cancer. He was a tireless, deeply-committed community worker always with a deep understanding of his community and the needs of low income people particularly within the francophone community.

Friends and colleagues will be gathering to remember him at the Centre Pauline-Charron, 164 Jeanne Mance St., on Wednesday, December 22nd, at 1:00 pm. If I've done it right, this link should take you to a map  http://mapq.st/9-J4z3. If not, Jeanne Mance runs parallel to and south of Montreal Road. If you turn south off Montreal at Olmstead, it's the second street and you turn right onto Jeanne Mance and go a couple of blocks.

In the words of a colleague this afternoon, il a consacré sa vie à augmenter la qualité de vie de plusieurs personnes et familles. C'est une perte énorme pour les services communautaires.

Could you please forward this to other community members that will have known him?

Thanks,

Linda.