[homeles_ot-l] Fwd: PRESS RELEASE: OUR OTTAWA ENDORSES FINAL 3 CANDIDATES FOR COUNCIL, 6 IN TOTAL

Terrie mocharebyl at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 09:04:00 EDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Our Ottawa <itsourottawa at gmail.com>
Date: 7 October 2010 08:22
Subject: PRESS RELEASE: OUR OTTAWA ENDORSES FINAL 3 CANDIDATES FOR COUNCIL,
6 IN TOTAL
To: Our Ottawa <itsourottawa at gmail.com>

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday October 7th, 2010

OUR OTTAWA ANNOUNCES THREE MORE CANDIDATES FOR CITY COUNCIL; WILL
SUPPORT 6 CANDIDATES IN TOTAL

Today Our Ottawa announced its final 3 candidates in the upcoming
municipal elections for Ottawa City Council – Aaron Helleman in Kanata
South, Nadia Willard in River and Jennifer Robitaille in Orleans.  All
three non-incumbents represent the values that Our Ottawa wants to
bring to the table over the next four years.

These three candidates complement the other community candidates they
have endorsed: Bob Brocklebank in Capital Ward, Bruce Webster in
Rideau-Goulbourn and Sheila Perry in Rideau-Rockcliffe. Our Ottawa
also plans on endorsing Public School Board Trustee candidates
shortly.

Our Ottawa is a 200 member-strong group of community volunteers and
leaders who have articulated a vision for the future of the City and
want to unite their efforts to help elect strong City Councillors and
School Board Trustees in the October Election.

"With the endorsement of a broad community coalition like ‘Our
Ottawa’, I know we are making strides not just in Kanata South, but
right across the City. The next City Council needs to work together to
find solutions to the problems many communities are facing" said Aaron
Helleman.

Our Ottawa's policy vision and other information can be found at
www.ourottawa.ca.  Our Ottawa strongly encourages like-minded people
to do whatever possible to help elect endorsed candidates, whether
that is volunteering, donating money, or just spreading the word to
friends and colleagues.

Our Ottawa will not be endorsing a mayor this election, but will focus
on strategic wards in Ottawa's weak-mayor system. They have been
working to build grassroots support and have worked on issues like the
urban boundary, a proper process for Lansdowne, the City Budget,
student issues and shifting power back to the community, amongst many
other issues.  "It has been very encouraging - people across the City
are fed up and want change.  We need to look at the decision making
process, the planning and how Council serves its citizens." said Our
Ottawa member and candidate Bob Brocklebank.

For Media Inquiries CONTACT
itsourottawa at gmail.com
613-299-8491

--
Terrie ( mocharebyl at gmail.com )
“If you see an injustice being committed, you aren't an observer, you are a