[homeles_ot-l] FW:National housing act bill (C-304) moves big step closer to law

Lynne Browne lbrowne at ysb.on.ca
Thu Oct 21 16:22:14 EDT 2010

On Wednesday ­ - the day after Ottawa's Red Tent Day of Action ­- three of the four federal political parties pledged their support during the Third Reading debate on Bill C-304, the draft legislation to create a national housing strategy in Canada! Members of Parliament are finally beginning to take the "politics" out of housing by enshrining it as a human right in a comprehensive, coordinated and fully funded approach. The best response to homelessness is to make it possible for everyone in Canada to have an appropriate, affordable roof over their head!

See Michael Shapcott below for more . . .

Lynne Browne

Coordinator, Alliance to End Homelessness

lbrowne at ysb.on.ca <mailto:lbrowne at ysb.on.ca>

Office: 613-241-1573, ext. 205 (Temp. # )

Mail to: 147 Besserer St., Ottawa, ON K1N 6A7

www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca <http://www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca>

ATEH on Facebook HERE <http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Alliance-to-End-Homelessness-Ottawa/136029386442398?v=wall&ref=ts>  &

on Twitter HERE @endhomelessOTT <https://twitter.com/endhomelessOTT>