[homeles_ot-l] Client artists needed for new Studio at Centre 507

Life Management Skills Program lmsprogram at centre507.org
Tue Apr 5 11:49:29 EDT 2011

Hello everyone:

Centre 507 and Centretown United Church are inviting artists to become
members of our new Artistic Expressions Studio.  Please take a look at the
attached posting and pass the word on to any of your clients who you think
would be interested.

Thanks for helping.

Margaret

   Canal Scow - Ottawa 08 09 by Mikey G Ottawa.  Fortress Canada - Gatineau
04 10 by Mikey G Ottawa.Salute To The City Workers - Ottawa 11 09 by Mikey G
Ottawa.

Photographs by Mike Gericke, a participant of Centre 507

Artistic Expressions

Artistic Expressions is a joint project of Centretown United Church and
Centre 507 to provide

an equipped studio space for artists of our community who are living with a
variety of challenges.

This project will offer member artists the dignity of being recognised as
artists, a safe and friendly place to practice their art, and contact with
local artists as colleagues and mentors.

Participating men and women will be given a membership entitling them to
free access to the studio space and supplies during set hours of operation.
Coffee and snacks will be available to help set a friendly atmosphere and to
encourage interaction. The Artistic Expressions Studio will be housed at
Centretown United Church and will initially be open for 3 hours two days a
month.

It is also planned to have local artists visit the studio to create a bridge
between our members and the larger artistic community.  The local artists
would bring encouragement and mentoring as well as provide regularly
scheduled workshops to help our members broaden their skill base.

For beginner artists, we will be expanding our in-Centre arts and crafts
program which will provide more instruction in a variety of art forms and
from which participants can 'graduate' into the Studio program. This aspect
of the Artistic Expression project is due to launch in

the Fall.

	Text Box: If you know of any artists in your client population who
are producing works at a relatively advanced level, please have them contact
me or come to the Studio at 507 Bank Street on one of the dates below.
The Studio will be open 12:30 - 3:30 Wed., April 13 and Tues., April 26 and
every second Wednesday and fourth Tuesday thereafter

Margaret Johnson

Life Skills Worker

Centre 507, 507 Bank Street

613-233-5626 ext 223    lmsprogram at centre507.org