[homeles_ot-l] Fwd: Please help spready the word to Get Up, Stand Up: An Evening of Insight and Inspiration - September 29

Terrie mocharebyl at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 14:35:22 EDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rob Rainer <rob at cwp-csp.ca>
Date: 17 August 2011 14:27
Subject: Please help spready the word to Get Up, Stand Up: An Evening of
Insight and Inspiration - September 29
To: Rob Rainer <rob at cwp-csp.ca>

To confirmed or expected attendees to *Get Up, Stand Up: An Evening of
Insight and Inspiration*, September 29, 7:00pm, Kailash Mital Theatre,
Southam Hall, Carleton University, Ottawa:****

** **

Please help spread the word of this event to anyone you know who may be
interested in attending – the event poster is attached.  We aim to fill all
444 available seats for a really great event.  *Get Up, Stand Up** *will
begin with speakers, songs and imagery reflecting on poverty in Canada since
1971 and the work of Canada Without Poverty over 40 years.  This will be
followed by panel dialogue on social and economic rights in Canada, to
include three of our five Honorary Directors – *Hon. Monique Bégin*, *Hon.
Ed Broadbent* and *Ovide Mercredi* – as well as *Leilani Farha* (Centre for
Equality Rights in Accommodation), *Bonnie Morton* (Regina Anti-Poverty
Ministry and the CWP Advocacy Network) and *Alex Neve* (Amnesty
International – English Canada Section).  A special moment in the evening
will be made to recognize and thank former Member of Parliament, *Tony
Martin*, for his exceptional dedication and leadership on poverty and social
justice over the duration of his time in elected office, first as a Member
of the Ontario legislature and then as an MP for Sault Ste. Marie.   **

* *

Let family members, friends and colleagues know that tickets, at $20 per
person, are available for purchase through our Ottawa office (613-789-0096or
1-800-810-1076) or by ordering securely
on-line<http://www.cwp-csp.ca/2011/07/get-up-stand-up-an-evening-of-insight-and-inspiration/>.
Thanks to our sponsors, a number of seats are also being made available for
those who would find it challenging to purchase a ticket: enquiries about
such tickets can be made to our office by phone or email (info at cwp-csp.ca).*
***

** **

We look forward to seeing you at *Get Up, Stand Up: An Evening of Insight
and Inspiration*!*  *****

* *

*Rob Rainer*****

Executive Director / Directeur executif****

*CANADA WITHOUT POVERTY / CANADA SANS PAUVRETÉ*

*Working in alliance with the CWP Advocacy Network / **Travaillant en
alliance avec le Réseau de revendication CSP*****

** **

*Honorary Directors / **Directeurs honoraires *

Right (Très) Hon. Joe Clark****

Hon. Louise Arbour****

Hon. Monique Bégin****

Hon. Ed Broadbent****

Ovide Mercredi****

** **

*Ottawa office / **Bureau d’Ottawa**:* 410-383 Parkdale Avenue, Ottawa, ON
K1Y 4R4; (613) 789-0096 (1-800-810-1076)****

*Vancouver office / **Bureau de Vancouver**:* (604) 628-0525****

Web Site <http://www.cwp-csp.ca/>;
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Canada-Without-Poverty/106633876058589>;
Twitter <http://twitter.com/CWP_CSP>****

Dignity for All: The Campaign for a Poverty-free
Canada<http://www.dignityforall.ca/>/  Dignité
pour tous: Campagne pour un Canada sans
pauvreté<http://www.dignityforall.ca/fr/partisans-de-la-campagne>
****

* *

*Help support our work! / **Aidez-nous! *

Canada Helps <http://www.canadahelps.org/Home.aspx> (donate on-line and
receive an immediate tax receipt / Faites un don en ligne et recevez
immédiatement un reçu pour les impôts)****

** **

*The truth is that our country – the ninth richest in the world – is so
wealthy that it manages to mask the reality of poverty, social exclusion,
discrimination, employment erosion, mental health and youth suicides.  In
doing so, we hide the fact of a very serious national public health problem.
*

*Hon. Monique Bégin*****

** **

database 6386 (20110817) __________

http://www.eset.com

--
Terrie ( mocharebyl at gmail.com )
“If you see an injustice being committed, you aren't an observer, you are a