[homeles_ot-l] Fwd: Please help spread the word to Will Ackerman and Friends in Concert for Canada Without Poverty - September 30

Terrie mocharebyl at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 14:51:59 EDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rob Rainer <rob at cwp-csp.ca>
Date: 17 August 2011 14:49
Subject: Please help spread the word to Will Ackerman and Friends in Concert
for Canada Without Poverty - September 30
To: Rob Rainer <rob at cwp-csp.ca>

To confirmed or expected attendees to *Will Ackerman and Friends in Concert
for Canada Without Poverty *–* *September 30, in the magnificent 950-seat
Sanctuary of Dominion-Chalmers United Church, 355 Cooper Street, Ottawa:****

** **

Please help spread the word of this event to anyone you know who may be
interested in attending – the event poster is attached.  This will be a
special evening of deeply emotional, reflective music.  Will
Ackerman<http://www.williamackerman.com/>is a Grammy Award-winning
musician and music producer.  His unique,
exceptionally beautiful acoustic guitar compositions became a signature of
the distinct “Windham Hill” sound.  Mr. Ackerman founded Windham Hill
Records as a pioneering label of original, world class instrumental music,
and later created Imaginary Road Studios, a prestigious recording studio for
established and rising world-class musicians.

Mr. Ackerman has performed in top concert halls worldwide.  Playing only a
handful of select concerts each year (including benefits), he seeks to make
the one for Canada Without Poverty, with Kathryn
Kaye<http://www.kathrynkaye-music.com/fr_home.cfm>(piano, and to open)
and the husband-wife team of David
Cullen <http://www.cullenguitar.com/> (guitar) and Jill
Haley<http://www.jillhaley.com/>(English horn), his performance
highlight for 2011.  The
evening will be filmed for the promotional purposes of Mr. Ackerman and Ms.
Kaye, and for Canada Without Poverty’s communication purposes.****

** **

Let family members, friends and colleagues know that tickets, at $35 per
person, are available for purchase through our Ottawa office (613-789-0096or
1-800-810-1076) or by ordering securely
on-line<http://www.cwp-csp.ca/2011/07/get-up-stand-up-an-evening-of-insight-and-inspiration/>.
Thanks to our sponsors, a number of seats are also being made available for
those who would find it challenging to purchase a ticket: enquiries about
such tickets can be made to our office by phone or email (info at cwp-csp.ca).
We also welcome enquiries from other potential sponsors.****

** **

We look forward to seeing you at *Will Ackerman and Friends in Concert for
Canada Without Poverty*!*  *****

** **

*Rob Rainer*****

Executive Director / Directeur executif****

*CANADA WITHOUT POVERTY / CANADA SANS PAUVRETÉ*

*Working in alliance with the CWP Advocacy Network / **Travaillant en
alliance avec le Réseau de revendication CSP*****

** **

*Honorary Directors / **Directeurs honoraires *

Right (Très) Hon. Joe Clark****

Hon. Louise Arbour****

Hon. Monique Bégin****

Hon. Ed Broadbent****

Ovide Mercredi****

** **

*Ottawa office / **Bureau d’Ottawa**:* 410-383 Parkdale Avenue, Ottawa, ON
K1Y 4R4; (613) 789-0096 (1-800-810-1076)****

*Vancouver office / **Bureau de Vancouver**:* (604) 628-0525****

Web Site <http://www.cwp-csp.ca/>;
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Canada-Without-Poverty/106633876058589>;
Twitter <http://twitter.com/CWP_CSP>****

Dignity for All: The Campaign for a Poverty-free
Canada<http://www.dignityforall.ca/>/  Dignité
pour tous: Campagne pour un Canada sans
pauvreté<http://www.dignityforall.ca/fr/partisans-de-la-campagne>
****

* *

*Help support our work! / **Aidez-nous! *

Canada Helps <http://www.canadahelps.org/Home.aspx> (donate on-line and
receive an immediate tax receipt / Faites un don en ligne et recevez
immédiatement un reçu pour les impôts)****

** **

*The truth is that our country – the ninth richest in the world – is so
wealthy that it manages to mask the reality of poverty, social exclusion,
discrimination, employment erosion, mental health and youth suicides.  In
doing so, we hide the fact of a very serious national public health problem.
*

*Hon. Monique Bégin*****

** **

database 6386 (20110817) __________

http://www.eset.com

--
Terrie ( mocharebyl at gmail.com )
“If you see an injustice being committed, you aren't an observer, you are a