[homeles_ot-l] Ask Me Ottawa Story: Volunteer Erin Dej on "a wake-up call for my soul"

Derek Antoine dantoine at connect.carleton.ca
Tue Dec 13 11:47:52 EST 2011

This week, Ottawa volunteer Erin Dej shares her reasons for
volunteering to end homelessness. READ THE FULL STORY HERE.

"I have met some truly beautiful people in my capacity as volunteer. I
witness staff go above and beyond the call of duty to lend someone a
hand. I am privy to the sacrifices one person living in poverty will
make for another.

If we open our eyes, our ears, and our hearts to the men and women who
make up the homeless community in Ottawa, we will find a group of
people as diverse as Canada itself but with one common trait – a
determination to take whatever past and present circumstances they may
be dealing with and to keep on going. Just one more reason I am so
grateful to have met such wonderful people and one more lesson I hope
to gain from them."

Read the full story "A wake-up call for the soul" here.

- Keep the momentum going! Share your story here: askmeottawa at gmail.com
- Wear the Ask Me button proudly!
- Forward this story to a friend!