[homeles_ot-l] Social Assistance Review materials online & Ottawa event

Linda Lalonde linda_lalonde_ottawa at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 10 03:37:54 EDT 2011

Hi folks,

Some of you may have already received the email below announcing the new website for the Social Assistance Review Commission which includes some materials. It's at http://www.socialassistancereview.ca/home.

We have Ottawa-based news related to this process. A group of local organizations have been asked by the Commissioners to pull together a day of activities here for them as part of a series of visits they are making to different communities in Ontario. It is our understanding that they are going to 8 to 10 communities in this round.

We had our first meeting this morning and got a great deal accomplished to pull the day together although there is a lot left to do. We will be discussing our rough plan with the Commission staff , looking at some logistical issues and refining our plan a bit over the next week. We have another meeting scheduled for next week and will getting information out to the community as quickly as possible. We will need a lot of support from the community to make this a success. This is going to be especially important because of the summer holiday period.

So keep a lookout for a Commissioners' visit coming soon to a location near you!! You may find the documents to be interesting reading to get a headstart for the process while we iron out the visit details.

And thanks to Laurel at Campaign 2000 for sending out the website info.

Linda.

--- On Thu, 6/9/11, ROTHMAN, Laurel <LaurelRo at familyservicetoronto.org> wrote:

The website for the Social Assistance Review just was launched. The materials include a discussion paper; a summary and workbook; and a guide to hosting a community conversation. There is also a calendar which does not yet identify when consultations will be held, but we are hearing that they aim to complete consultations by the end of July.

http://www.socialassistancereview.ca/home

Laurel

Laurel Rothman
National Coordinator, Campaign 2000
& Director of Social Reform, Family Service Toronto
355 Church St. Toronto M5B 1Z8
Tel: 416-595-9230 x228; Fax: 416-595-0242