[homeles_ot-l] Planning Summit - April 26th

Linda Lalonde linda_lalonde_ottawa at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 3 11:40:36 EDT 2012

Hi Folks,

I know some of you will probably have received an invite to the Planning Summit that the city is putting on later this month. This is a prelude to revising the Official Plan and if we want housing concerns to be reflected, it will be important to have people at the table at this Summit. The rough agenda below doesn't talk about housing specifically but I think there are windows we can use to get the conversation there.

I received a personal invite along with members of the development community and know that there are seats set aside for developers as well as some community organizations that will be filled before the general public gets the remainder. It will be important to make sure it's a balanced group so there is a balanced discussion.

Hope to see you there,

Linda.

Planning Summit
Space is limited, so please register by April 11th
April 26, 2012
The City of Ottawa Planning Summit is an opportunity to talk about today’s planning challenges with Mayor Jim Watson and others who are helping to shape our city. Participants will represent a variety of perspectives and include residents, community and business organizations, the building and development industry, and professionals working in all areas of planning and design.

The day will include an Open Forum with the Mayor and Councillor Peter Hume as well as insights from special guest speakers:

Pamela Blais, author of Perverse Cities: Hidden Subsidies, Wonky Policy and Urban Sprawl, on the topic of how we should grow in the suburban area
Jeffrey Tumlin, a leading thinker in transit-oriented development, on how Ottawa should plan for the areas around our future Light Rail Transit stations
Space is limited, so please register by April 11th. Should interest exceed capacity a draw may be held following the registration deadline for the extra spaces that have been set aside for the general public. Your registration will be confirmed by e-mail by April 18th.