[homeles_ot-l] FW: Community Forum on the new United Way Ottawa Investment and Impact Review Report

Gina Grosenick grosenickg at shaw.ca
Fri Jun 15 08:59:39 EDT 2012

I was able to attend this meeting last night.  Ottawa Community Action (OCA) has done some excellent work over the past year to help draft this report.  In their view, and in the view of the participants last night, it does not quite go far enough to ensure accountability and to answer some of the questions surrounding the CWI initiatives.  There will not be any formal motions brought forward but OCA will be undertaking some directed questioning at the UW Annual meeting next Tuesday.

If you or your agency wants to make sure that the UW funding process reflects community issues and concerns, please consider attending the UW Annual Meeting next Tuesday to support the OCA efforts

Gina Grosenick.