[homeles_ot-l] FREE BENEFIT CONCERT - Thursday Nov 29th

Meg Delaney megs.delaney at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 10:50:25 EST 2012

<https://www.facebook.com/events/429086567140891/>Ottawa Inner City Health
Inc (OICH Inc), Ottawa’s helping hand for chronically homeless men and
women living with with complex health issues, has joined with the
Hintonburg Economic Development Committee (HEDC) to raise funds to provide
a special gift for those who would otherwise not feel the holiday joy.

A multi-day event of jam-style music, fundraising and community awareness
is happening from November 29 - Dec 2nd where 100% of all donations raised
will go towards a personalized Christmas gift bag for all OICH Inc clients.
Events will be held at The Carleton Tavern (Thurs Nov 29th) and Daniel
O’Connell’s (Dec 1st/2nd).

*“Many of our clients suffer more at this season than others not only
because of the cold but because they feel left out of the main stream. It
has been our tradition to gift each and every one of our program clients
Christmas gift bags of gifts of warm, comfortable clothing and other little
gift items that make them feel special. It is a joy to see their eyes light
up when they receive their gifts”* says Wendy Muckle, executive director
for OICH Inc.

Let’s ALL Jam! <https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lets-ALL-Jam/290992304302251>,
a dynamic collective of well-known local area artists, and the
HEDC<https://www.facebook.com/HintonburgEconomicDevelopmentCommittee>have
teamed up with OICH Inc to host this “all-in” amplified musical event.
*“When we heard about the project we were on board in a second. We do a lot
of fundraising for good causes. We love playing music and love an audience
so this seemed like a perfect storm for us and the Inner City folk,”* say
Dan one of the organizers of the musical events.

The event features Ric Kersey and Let's ALL Jam!, "Laughing Dan" Baker,
Charlie Gardner, Julie Corrigan, Heather Marshall, Jerry Golland, The
Wicked Mercy, Calere Boudreau, Kevin MacLeod and other local musicians.
Artists are being added daily. To date there are over 20 musicians sharing
their talent for this event. Poster Attached

Come out and listen, or help with a donation at any of the following:
Thursday, Nov. 29, 8 PM Carleton Tavern (233 Armstrong)

Dec. 1, 3 PM Daniel O'Connell's (1211 Wellington W)

Sunday, Dec. 2, 3 PM Daniel O'Connell's (1211 Wellington W)

Website: www.ottawainnercityhealth.ca
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/OICHinc
Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/429086567140891/