[homeles_ot-l] NEW WEBSITE for The Community Capacity Building Training Program

homelessnessccb/rccsansabri homelessnessccb at ottawa.ca
Tue Apr 29 18:16:04 EDT 2014

The Community Capacity Building Training Program for Homelessness Services
has a new website:
http://www.homelessnessccbtraining.ca/

If you work with those experiencing homelessness in a non profit agency
– we welcome your registration requests for this free training.
The Community Capacity Building (CCB) Training program is funded by the Homelessness Partnering Strategy/ Employment and Social Development Canada; managed by The City of Ottawa, and designed to help the non-profit service agencies in Ottawa who work with those experiencing homelessness.

This website has been designed by Akouo Media
and we thank them for their attention and generosity
New Features:

•        See upcoming training programs and register on line

•        Have your own account that will track the programs that you’ve attended, and the on-line learning that you’ve accessed

•        Watch for our upcoming “Resource Page” with copies of presentations, videos, and on-line learning options

•        Keep us in touch with your training needs with our four question survey on the Home Page (it’s anonymous, even if you are logged in)

Things that won’t change:

•        We will continue to listen to your needs through your evaluations, focus groups and surveys, and will design/ source programs that will help you in your jobs

•        All programs will be designed with Adult Learning principles and presented in convenient locations

•        We will continue to concentrate on three core training areas & provide a ‘Core Three Certificate' once you have completed a program in each of those areas
                                                                                                         Our Core Training Areas:
                                                                                          1. Understanding Client Based Challenges
                                                                                          2. Helping Clients - Methods and Skills
                                                                                          3. Resources & Information Awareness

•        “Certificates of Participation” will be distributed at each training program

•        A reminder will be e-mailed the week before your program with a map to the location

•        Priority registration will be given to those who have previously been on a waiting list

•        Students and Volunteers in non profit homelessness services agencies will be put on a waiting list and able to register after the Client Service Workers.

•        The CCBT Volunteer Program will continue with three job descriptions (special events; training, and evaluation/admin)

•        If for any reason the website is not accessible - your inquiries will be welcome by e-mail: homelessnessccb at ottawa.ca

We acknowledge and celebrate your dedication to learning
and hope to see you soon in one of our training programs.

Katherine Hale, Training Coordinator, Homelessness Programs Unit, City of Ottawa

http://www.homelessnessccbtraining.ca/

This e-mail originates from the City of Ottawa e-mail system. Any
distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it
contains by other than the intended recipient(s) is unauthorized.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify me at the
telephone number shown above or by return e-mail and delete
this communication and any copy immediately. Thank you.

Le présent courriel a été expédié par le système de courriels de
la Ville d'Ottawa. Toute distribution, utilisation ou
reproduction du courriel ou des renseignements qui s'y trouvent
par une personne autre que son destinataire prévu est interdite.
Si vous avez reçu le message par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser par
téléphone (au numéro précité) ou par courriel, puis supprimer
sans délai la version originale de la communication ainsi que
toutes ses copies. Je vous remercie de votre collaboration.