[homeles_ot-l] All our Sisters / New data on women's shelter use

Mike Bulthuis mike at endhomelessnessottawa.ca
Wed Mar 12 08:58:10 EDT 2014

Two pieces to share:

(1)  Registration for “All our Sisters: Second National Forum on Security of Housing and Safe Communities (May 12-14, London, Ontario) is now open. Details below.

(2)  Many Canadian newspapers today carried a story on new Statistics Canada data, pointing to patterns of women’s shelter use and growing challenges in accessing long-term housing. Both Mary Montgomery, executive director of Nelson House, and Sue Garvey, director of Ottawa’s Cornerstone Housing for Women, are cited. You can find it here: http://www.canada.com/news/third+women+shelters+have+sought+refuge+there+before/9605495/story.html

Best,
Mike

Mike Bulthuis

Executive Director

Alliance to End Homelessness Ottawa

Sent: 2014-03-11 10:31 AM
Subject: All Our Sisters 2nd National Forum - Registration Open!

  <http://www.eiseverywhere.com/file_uploads/215739ab5174c57481249ca18406be8e_AOS2014conferenceheader.jpg>

On behalf of All Our Sisters, we are thrilled to announce Registration for the 2nd National Forum is now OPEN!

To view the Conference Brochure, please or visit:  http://www.alloursisters.ca/sites/default/files/library/AOS_2014_PROGRAM_V4_copy.pdf

To REGISTER please visit: https://www.eply.com/AllOurSisters2014NationalForum

We look forward to seeing you in London, Ontario for this second national forum on women and homelessness (May 12 - 14, 2014).
NOTE: On-line registrations will only be accepted using VISA or MASTERCARD.
NOTE: To pay by cheque or money order, please download the REGISTRATION FORM PDF from the ALL OUR SISTERS 2014 website ( <http://www.eiseverywhere.com/emarketing/go.php?i=110702&e=ZWxpemFiZXRoLmtlbm5leUBzZXJ2aWNlY2FuYWRhLmdjLmNh&l=http://www.alloursisters.ca/> www.alloursisters.ca) and MAIL it appropriately.

Thank-you,

All Our Sisters

  <http://www.eiseverywhere.com/emarketing/go.php?i=110702&e=ZWxpemFiZXRoLmtlbm5leUBzZXJ2aWNlY2FuYWRhLmdjLmNh&l=open>