[homeles_ot-l] Message from Ottawa Police Chief Bordeleau

CPO-PCO cpo-pco at ottawa.ca
Wed Oct 22 15:55:47 EDT 2014

“Distributed on behalf of the Ottawa Police Service”

Community Leaders/Colleagues/Friends;

As the events unfold on Parliament Hill and the downtown core, it is incumbent upon us as a police service to be aware of how this incident may have an impact on our local communities.  We understand that the recent tragic event in St. Jean de Richelieu and today may be very challenging for members of our communities, and that this incident may exacerbate these challenges.

The Ottawa Police Service has a long standing collaboration with our various faith and communities leaders that have allowed us to build strong and positive relationships.  With this in mind, I want to take this opportunity to reiterate my commitment to ensure the safety of all of our communities.

It is with this relationship in mind that we encourage you to share this information as widely as possible with members of your respective communities.

If at any time, you or a member of your community feels that there is a life-threatening emergency or crime in progress, you are strongly encouraged to call 9-1-1.  For all other non-emergency crimes, or for general inquiries, your are encouraged to call 613-236-1222.  Visit our website at www.ottawapolice.ca<http://www.ottawapolice.ca> for additional information about the services we offer.

We have attached this link to our most recent media release which also includes specific contact information should you receive any information that could be useful in ensuring overall community safety.
http://www.ottawapolice.ca/en/News/index.aspx?newsId=afcfc348-7311-4f2a-9039-418830ba2eca

The Ottawa Police Service is committed to professionally serving all residents of the City of Ottawa, and continues our work in partnership with all communities.  Thank you for your ongoing commitment to working together.

Should you have any questions regarding this message, I would ask that you contact our Diversity and Race Relations section at diversityandracerelations at ottawapolice.ca<mailto:diversityandracerelations at ottawapolice.ca> or 613-236-1222 ext. 5011.

Thank you for your continued support.

Charles Bordeleau
Chief of Police

This e-mail originates from the City of Ottawa e-mail system. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than the intended recipient(s) is unauthorized. Thank you.

Le présent courriel a été expédié par le système de courriels de la Ville d'Ottawa. Toute distribution, utilisation ou reproduction du courriel ou des renseignements qui s'y trouvent par une personne autre que son destinataire prévu est interdite. Je vous remercie de votre collaboration.