[homeles_ot-l] Fwd: [New post] Building vibrant communities, examples of a work in progress

Bill Dare bill.dare at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 06:12:08 EST 2016

Bill Dare posted: "The Ottawa Social Planning Council's  The Ottawa
Neighbourhoods Social Capital Forum (ONSCF)
http://www.spcottawa.on.ca/research-voluntary-sector/building-vibrant-communities
demonstrates
various examples of their efforts.  It would be useful in talking a"
New post on *Social & Health Practice Ottawa*
<https://socialhealthpracticeottawa.wordpress.com/author/socialhealthpracticeottawa/>
Building
vibrant communities, examples of a work in progress
<https://socialhealthpracticeottawa.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/building-vibrant-communities-examples-of-a-work-in-progress/>
by
Bill Dare
<https://socialhealthpracticeottawa.wordpress.com/author/socialhealthpracticeottawa/>

The Ottawa Social Planning Council's  *The Ottawa Neighbourhoods Social
Capital Forum* (ONSCF)
http://www.spcottawa.on.ca/research-voluntary-sector/building-vibrant-communities
demonstrates
various examples of their efforts.  It would be useful in talking about
community development for social workers to hear more directly how we work
to link our individual practice to community action and "advocacy," policy
and dare I say Macro approaches to practice with the people we serve.

In the videos found on the site, you can hear participants/clients link
their own individual challenges to social action.  This post helps to
describe some of the process' involved bridging individual support to
"macro" actions.

https://socialhealthpracticeottawa.wordpress.com/2014/11/26/exploring-empowerment-in-our-daily-practice/

jljklkj
*Bill Dare
<https://socialhealthpracticeottawa.wordpress.com/author/socialhealthpracticeottawa/>*
| January 28, 2016 at 10:44 am | Categories: Community Development
<https://socialhealthpracticeottawa.wordpress.com/?cat=3447>, Social Work
in Health Care
<https://socialhealthpracticeottawa.wordpress.com/?cat=234417341>,
Uncategorized <https://socialhealthpracticeottawa.wordpress.com/?cat=1> |

Comment
<https://socialhealthpracticeottawa.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/building-vibrant-communities-examples-of-a-work-in-progress/#respond>
   See all comments
<https://socialhealthpracticeottawa.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/building-vibrant-communities-examples-of-a-work-in-progress/#comments>
   Like
<https://socialhealthpracticeottawa.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/building-vibrant-communities-examples-of-a-work-in-progress/?like_actor=10795109&like_hmac=5441e6abfaa4c41aa105aceae71fd25c&postid=685&like=1&source=sub_email>

Unsubscribe
<https://subscribe.wordpress.com/?key=e51239bdd9c557ae110a6095a6392cdf&email=bill.dare%40gmail.com&b=LQ-ON%3FSNn76p%2CG2H%25_rdVtmE5E%7ENwXoi7Pj3Ti%7CyFIgH53U%2C4nC>
to no longer receive posts from Social & Health Practice Ottawa.