[homeles_ot-l] Invitation to Storygathering on Collaborative, Equitable and Inclusive Leadership in Practice

Tong Zhao-Ansari tzhaoansari at cawi-ivtf.org
Mon Nov 21 12:22:43 EST 2016

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1F966.1045B800

You are invited to

A Story-Gathering Session

with CAWI and the CLiP* project  <http://www.clip-lcp.org> www.clip-lcp.org

Theme: Collaborative, Equitable and

Inclusive Leadership in Practice

Thursday November 24, 2016

2:00pm to 4:00 pm

Where: Boardroom, Somerset West Community Health Centre

55 Eccles St, Ottawa, ON K1R 6S3

*Collaborative Leadership in Practice (CLiP) is a two-year bilingual project to strengthen collaborative, equitable and inclusive
leadership in the non-profit sector - specifically in the context of partnerships and networks. City for All Women Initiative
(CAWI-IVTF) is a key contributing partner to the CLiP project. On November 24, CAWI is inviting their partners (organizations and
community leaders) to participate in a story-gathering session that will document practice-based experiences and knowledge about
collaborative, equitable and inclusive leadership.  Your stories and knowledge shared will reach a province-wide audience through
the CLiP project.

What to expect at the Story-Gathering Session

ü We will explore: What does it mean to bring an equity lens to our partnership efforts? What have we done differently (even in
small ways) to center the experiences and decision-making of equity seeking groups within our partnerships?

ü We will document: stories, images and words that reflect an anti-oppression/equity approach to partnership work.

ü We will co-create: a paper quilt, sign-holding selfies (option for those not wanting a selfie: take a picture of the written
message on its own).

ü A bit like a focus group - but more collaborative and creative!

Note: Honoraria are available and childcare and transportation costs can be compensated for any person participating in a non-staff
capacity.

Registration is required.

To confirm your attendance, for any questions or to discuss accommodations, contact:

 <mailto:g.kranias at healthnexus.ca> g.kranias at healthnexus.ca 1-800-397-9567 ext 2247

Gillian Kranias – Je parle le français!

Bilingual Health Promotion Consultant / Consultante bilingue en promotion de la santé

Direct Line: 416-408-6902  | 1-800-397-9567 ext 2247
Ligne directe: 416-408-6902  | 1-800-397-9567 ext 2247 |
 <http://en.healthnexus.ca/> Health Nexus    <http://fr.nexussante.ca/> Nexus Santé   •     <http://www.beststart.org/> Best Start
<http://www.beststart.org/> Meilleur Départ      Health Nexus is a member of  <http://www.hclinkontario.ca/> HC Link     Nexus Santé
est membre de  <http://www.reseaucs.ca/> Réseau CS

30 Years