[homeles_ot-l] Job Posting- Program Manager, SGH

Caroline Cox ccox at shepherdsofgoodhope.com
Thu Sep 29 16:11:04 EDT 2016

JOB POSTING

PROGRAM MANAGER, TRANSITIONAL SHELTER SERVICES

Shepherds of Good Hope is a non-profit charitable organization in Ottawa that empowers those most in need in the community with innovative, specialized programs, partnerships and services. This is achieved by creating a sense of community for all through acceptance, compassion and care.

Job Summary

We are seeking an experienced and professional leader in social services to become a member of our Management Team. The successful candidate will work collaboratively to manage and develop our men's and women's emergency shelter programs. Reporting to the Senior Manager, the Program Manager is responsible for maintaining a high level of service for our clients, a safe workplace for our employees and volunteers, and strong community partnerships, as well as exploring innovative solutions to meet our strategic priorities.

Duties and Responsibilities

*                Work with services and management team to ensure program and client needs are being addressed on an ongoing basis.

*                Staff, assistant manager and coordinator engagement, including hiring, training, mentorship and performance management, in conjunction with human resources and union

*                Program development, including identifying gaps in service and developing new initiatives and partnerships

*                Review and implement policies and procedures

*                Stakeholder engagement

*                Public relations, including tours and speaking on behalf of programs

*                Support with scheduling, both in advance and to fill immediate gaps

*                Complete payroll reconciliation to ensure accurate and timely pay for employees

*                Ensure probationary and annual evaluations are completed for all employees in programs. Utilize Halogen performance management system for non-unionized direct reports.

*                Work with management team to develop consistent tools to streamline processes and create stats, measurable and reports.

*                Ensure program is adhering to budgetary limitations by reviewing monthly statements of revenue and expenses and responding to significant variances.

*                Anticipate and mitigate program risks to staff and clients, including health and safety issues, policies and procedures, etc.

*                Client engagement, including supporting client service team in coordinating and communicating case plans for clients, and adding/ removing clients from Management Approval and No Access Lists as needed.

Experience and Qualifications

  *   Post-secondary education in social sciences preferred

  *   Minimum 1 year management experience preferred, experience in a unionized environment an asset

  *   Superior interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral); able to present with confidence, develop collaborative relationships and engage and motivate a diverse staffing team

  *   Excellent moral character with a high value on integrity and ethics

  *   Experience working in a diverse workplace and sensitive to issues that may arise from cross cultural communications; able to promote a positive and inclusive work environment

  *   Excellent time management, prioritization and resiliency skills

  *   Bilingualism is an asset

Please note, Shepherds of Good Hope offers a competitive benefits package, an RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.

[To Apply: Interested candidates must send in a resume with a covering letter by October 6, 2016.    Please quote 'Program Manager' on the email subject line and send to: hrrecruitment at shepherdsofgoodhope.com    We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.  Shepherds of Good Hope is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of our clients, residents, employees and volunteers, including those with disabilities.  Please inform us if you require accommodation through the hiring process and we will make every effort to meet your needs.]<mailto:hrrecruitment at shepherdsofgoodhope.com>

Caroline Cox
Senior Manager
Transitional Shelter Services
Shepherds of Good Hope