[homeles_ot-l] Free Training on Trauma-Informed Care, May 29

Bertie Mo bertiemo at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 27 17:22:46 EDT 2018

I successfully registered.  Thank you.
Bertie Mo, Ph.D., MPH

      From: Benjamin Roebuck <roebucb1 at algonquincollege.com>
 To: "homeles_ot-l at list.web.net" <homeles_ot-l at list.web.net>
 Sent: Friday, April 27, 2018 10:23 AM
 Subject: [homeles_ot-l] Free Training on Trauma-Informed Care, May 29

 <!--#yiv8348714202 P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}-->Registration is now live for our free one-day training on trauma-informed care on May 29. This is funded by the Department of Justice for Victims & Survivors of Crime Week and hosted in partnership with the Victimology program at Algonquin College, the Ottawa Police Victim Crisis Unit, CHEO, and Catholic Family Services. Shawarma lunch included!

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/transforming-the-culture-together-trauma-informed-care-tickets-45480252660
|  | Transforming the Culture Together: Trauma-Informed Carewww.eventbrite.comTransforming the Culture Together: Trauma-Informed Care Background Trauma-informed care and practice integrates an understanding of the neurological, biological, psychological and social effects of trauma and interpersonal violence and helps service providers to recognize trauma in the histories of people seeking mental health and crisis support services (MHCC, 2018). It challenges assumptions about how services are organized and delivered and promotes organizational cultures that provide holistic therapeutic responses to trauma (MHCC, 2018). Trauma-informed care is “a strengths-based framework that is responsive to the impact of trauma, emphasizing physical, psychological, and emotional safety for both service providers and survivors; and creates opportunities for survivors to rebuild a sense of control and empowerment” (MHCC, 2018).  This training will be relevant to a broad range of community partners working in the areas of health, mental health, justice, victim services, emergency services, child we |

Benjamin Roebuck, Ph.D.| Professor, Victimology & Police Foundations 613 727 4723 | ext 6328Algonquin College | 1385 Woodroffe Avenue | Room P112-H | Ottawa | Ontario | K2G 1V8 | Canadaalgonquincollege.comPLEASE ADD OUR ADDRESS,
homeles_ot-l at list.web.net
to your email contact list.

THEN email your homelessness and housing messages to that address to reach the full list or to reply to a posting.

This list is not moderated; there is no editorial review.

Please try to keep messages to 200KB or less, including attachments, so that all subscribers are able to receive them.

The listserv does not permit Blind copy, BCC addresses or the use of too many Send To addresses. The best thing is to email to this list on its own.

The Alliance to End Homelessness does not verify the accuracy of submitted messages nor necessarily endorse the opinions expressed by message authors. Message authors are solely responsible for content of their messages.