[homeles_ot-l] FW: Family Mental Health Café - September 15, 2018

Linda O'Neil loneil at cmhaottawa.ca
Tue Jul 17 14:15:26 EDT 2018

FYI - Contact information is highlighted below.

Linda O'Neil, B. Journalism
Linda O'Neil
Public Education Consultant
Conseillère en éducation communautaire

Canadian Mental Health Association, Ottawa Branch
Association canadienne pour la santé mentale, Section d'Ottawa
301-1355 rue Bank Street, Ottawa, ON    K1H 8K7
Tel: 613-737-7791 Ext. 135     Fax: 613-737-7644   Cell: 613-552-4505
Email: loneil at cmhaottawa.ca<mailto:loneil at cmhaottawa.ca> Website: ottawa.cmha.ca<http://ottawa.cmha.ca/>

[CMHA_ON-Ottawa_BiL_logo_4C_pos_tagline]

Subject Heading: Sign up for the Ottawa Family Mental Health Café

Please join us for a conversation about family mental health where you'll have the opportunity to share your experience and insight as a member of a family affected by mental illness.

Our Family Mental Health Café event is taking place on Saturday September 15th, 2018 from 8:30 am (Doors Open) to 12:30 pm in Ottawa.  The Family Mental Health Cafés are community conversations being held in cities across Ontario as part of a research study at the Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work at the University of Toronto. The project is led by Charmaine C. Williams, PhD. Facilitation for francophone participants available.

The Family Mental Health Cafés will explore relationships and caring in families that have an adult member who has been diagnosed with a long-term mental illness. We want to hear from people who are diagnosed, parents, siblings, partners, friends - all the people who might have something to say about roles, relationships and caring when mental illness is part of your family life.

We are doing this project because we want family mental health to be put on the agenda for services and policymakers in Canada.

Location of the Ottawa Family Mental Health Café:
Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA), Ottawa Branch
Suite 402 (Boardroom A)
1355 Bank Street
K1H 8K7
Ottawa, Ontario

Participants will receive a gift of Family Mental Health Café resources as a thank you for participating.  Light refreshments will be provided.

If you have any questions, please email us at fmhproject at gmail.com<mailto:fmhproject at gmail.com>. Alternatively, you can call Julie Levesque at 613-737-7791 ext. 217.  Joelle Forbes (Research Coordinator) will reply to you or set up a phone call.

To register TODAY, sign up online at Eventbrite:
https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/ottawa-family-mental-health-cafe-registration-48000464682

Following registration, our research team will follow-up to schedule a 10 to 15-minute mandatory phone screening interview to determine eligibility.

SIGN UP TODAY and join us for a great conversation at our Café on Saturday September 15TH, 2018th!

Kindest regards,
Family Café Research Team