[homeles_ot-l] Racialized Community Consultation and Special PBSC ID Clinic

Gina Grosenick gina at connectingottawa.com
Tue Mar 6 14:32:06 EST 2018

We are very pleased to announced the following events coordinated by
Connecting Ottawa and members of our partnership network.  Please share
widely within your networks and encourage your clients and/or front line
staff to attend.

*Legal Aid Ontario (LAO) Racialized Community Consultations. *
In conjunction with three of our partner network organizations, CO will be
hosting LAO's local consultations directed toward finalizing a "Racialized
Community Strategy for LAO's future operations. LAO staff will be in town
and want to hear from you and your clients how best to serve racialized
communities in Ontario.  *This consultation is open to both front line
workers and clients.*  Dates and times are as follows:

*March 13 – Refugee 613/ 945 Wellington St., Community Room, 9:30 a.m. -
11:30 a.m.*

*March 14 – ISWO/ 219 Argyle Avenue, Room 113, 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. *

* March 15 – CESOC/ 649 Montreal Road, Suite 202 (en Français),  9:30 a.m.
- 11:30 a.m. *
Registration is not required and drop ins are welcome; however, if you are
planning to attend, please help us get a sense of numbers by registering
at  https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lao-racialized-community-consul
tation-tickets-43258100142

*PBSC/Connecting Ottawa Citizenship Identification Clinic*
As part of Connecting Ottawa's ID project, Pro Bono Students Canada (PBSC)
has agreed to host a special citizenship replacement ID clinic on *March 22
from 3:00 - 5:00 p.m. at the YMCA, 180 Argyle Avenue.*

This clinic can help your clients who have lost or had their citizenship
certificates or permanent residency cards stolen.The clinic is drop in and
open to all.  Please encourage your clients to bring any documentation or
ID they may have with them, plus a family member, if possible.

Copies of posters for these two important events are attached and we would
appreciate you posting in your organization and sharing within your
networks.

Please feel free to email gina at connectingottawa.com with any questions
about the above two projects

--