[homeles_ot-l] Updates: Progress Report #3 release - Stopping the Loss of Affordable Housing; public engagement campaign; Housing Emergency petition and rally

Alliance To End Homelessness info at endhomelessnessottawa.ca
Tue Jan 28 16:03:20 EST 2020

*Progress Report Updates*

Since 2005, the Alliance to End Homelessness Ottawa has produced an annual
Progress Report on Ending Homelessness in Ottawa
<https://www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca/progress-report> to assess our
community’s progress by comparing annual change in a number of areas.

In 2018, the City of Ottawa began an annual reporting process to monitor
progress in delivering the 2014-2024 Plan on Housing and Homelessness. The
Alliance will be providing review and commentary on the progress as
documented by the City through the release of four Progress Report updates
in 2019/2020.

The first Progress Report Update, Increasing the Supply of Affordable
Housing
<https://www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca/s/Increasing-the-supply-EN.pdf> was
released in November 2019. *We are pleased to share the second Progress
Report Update, Stopping the Loss of Affordable Housing
<https://www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca/s/Stopping-the-loss-of-affordable-housing.pdf>
today. *

Stay tuned for the third Progress Report Update, Optimizing the Homeless
Serving System in February followed by the fourth update, Preventing the
Growth in Homelessness in March.

Please visit our website to access French versions of the reports
<https://www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca/progress-report>.

*Public engagement campaign*

The Alliance has developed a mini public engagement campaign that we hope
you can support! Please follow us on Twitter (@ATEH_OTT) and Facebook
(@endhomelessnessottawa) to share our graphics and engage with us. You can
also access the social media graphics on our website to share on your own
social media platforms.
<https://www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca/housing-emergency>

*Housing Emergency Petition and Rally*

The first call to action for our mini campaign was a final push to sign
Councillor McKenney's Housing Emergency petition
<https://www.housingemergencyottawa.ca/> and to attend the rally
<https://www.housingemergencyottawa.ca/rally_to_declare_a_housing_emergency>
 *TOMORROW at 9am at City Hall* in advance of the Council vote on the
Housing Emergency motion. See you there!

--
*Emilie Hayes*
*Alliance to End Homelessness Ottawa*
info at endhomelessnessottawa.ca