[homeles_ot-l] Help us end homelessness in Canada - Join the Recovery for All Campaign

Alliance To End Homelessness info at endhomelessnessottawa.ca
Fri Jun 12 13:11:22 EDT 2020

[image: image.png]

*HELLO OTTAWA ALLIANCE MEMBERS,**WE NEED YOUR VOICE TO HELP END
HOMELESSNESS IN CANADA AND IN OUR COMMUNITY.*

The Canadian Alliance to End Homelessness has launched *Recovery for All*
<https://www.recoveryforall.ca/>–a national campaign to end homelessness in
Canada, once and for all. The campaign calls for a recovery plan that
shifts from managing homelessness, to *ending* homelessness.
SIGN UP HERE TO BE A PART OF THIS NATIONAL MOVEMENT
<https://www.recoveryforall.ca/#formlead>.

In Ottawa, we declared a housing emergency in January of 2020 after years
of rising homelessness in our community. COVID-19 has further exacerbated
this crisis. Yet, we are at a unique moment in time when* big change is
possible*. We are seeing communities across the globe rise up to push
systems and governments to address the root causes of injustice and
inequity.

We have also seen that when public will is mobilized, we *can* make
significant changes in our communities.

*Now *is the moment to push our leaders to commit to end homelessness in
Canada as it is clear that a home is the first defence in this health
crisis.
HERE IS THE SIX-POINT PLAN <https://www.recoveryforall.ca/> TO END
HOMELESSNESS, ROOTED IN EVIDENCE:

(1) A *federal commitment* to end homelessness,

(2) The construction of *affordable housing*,

(3) A national guaranteed *minimum income*,

(4) Meaningful implementation of housing as a *human right*, so that
everyone has a home,

(5) An urban and rural *Indigenous housing and homelessness strategy,* and

(6) Ensuring that* housing is for people, not profits. *

Calgary, Edmonton, Guelph, Medicine Hat, and several other Canadian cities
have successfully reduced homelessness.  We can too. *We need you* to make
it happen.
*JOIN* THE MOVEMENT TODAY <https://www.recoveryforall.ca/#formlead>.*SHARE*
<https://www.recoveryforall.ca/> WITH YOUR COMMUNITIES AND NETWORKS
THAT WE *CAN
*END HOMELESSNESS IN CANADA.*ENDORSE*
<https://northweather.wufoo.com/forms/m5z4q9n03fblhh/> THE CAMPAIGN.

The campaign needs leaders and organizational endorsements and
testimonials.  Please consider adding yourself or your program or
organization to the long list of Recovery for All endorsers here: Endorsement
Form <https://northweather.wufoo.com/forms/m5z4q9n03fblhh/>.
*NOW* IS THE MOMENT TO BRING TRANSFORMATIONAL CHANGE TO THE PEOPLE WITHIN
OUR COMMUNITIES.

*Alliance to End Homelessness Ottawa*
171 George Street, Ottawa ON K1N 5W5
info at endhomelessnessottawa.ca