[homeles_ot-l] CAPSA June 2020 Newsletter

Gord info at capsa.ca
Wed Jun 10 09:52:20 EDT 2020

View this email in your browser (https://mailchi.mp/581bceb772ec/capsa-june-2020-newsletter?e=96f145ef5c)
Community Addictions Peer Support Association Newsletter

** *NEW* CAPSA's 1st Virtual Event!!

** #StepAwayFromStigma
CAPSA is proud to announce our very first virtual fundraiser to support our community by raising money to donate personal protective equipment (PPE) and food to the vulnerable population in Ottawa.

The goal is for participants to gain pledges for their chosen amount of steps to accomplish during this day. (ie; $10 per donor for 10,000 steps). Join individually or as a family team!

We've set a goal to raise a minimum of $5,000 as CAPSA's response to the challenges of COVID-19.

This family-friendly event will be live-streamed on Facebook July 25th starting at 8:30am until 5pm, giving plenty of time to get your steps in.

#StepAwayFromStigma, Step into Health, Step Up and Help CAPSA
More details to come!!

CAPSA's Executive Director Gord Garner, dropped by The Big Story Podcast to discuss how isolation is changing our use of substances.

** Click Here to Listen (https://capsa.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d5e4df85222c899d56245c3fa&id=e4be6993ed&e=96f145ef5c)

Chris Cull of Inspire By Example, shares a powerful story of experiences with stigma and important message on why saying "get it together" is not that simple.

** (https://capsa.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d5e4df85222c899d56245c3fa&id=ac7006e89f&e=96f145ef5c)

You can share your Stigma Ends With Me story too -- E-mail ** info at capsa.ca  (mailto:info at capsa.ca)

CAPSA has a goal to reach over 200+ subscribers to our YouTube channel --
Here are two simple ways you can help us!

1. Subscribe :)
2. Share and invite your friends, family, colleagues, etc., to subscribe

Let's help spread the message about person-first language and our #StigmaEndsWithMe campaign!
** Subcribe Here (https://capsa.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d5e4df85222c899d56245c3fa&id=aa09af84d8&e=96f145ef5c)
** Share (https://capsa.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d5e4df85222c899d56245c3fa&id=4b76a13396&e=96f145ef5c)
** Share (https://capsa.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d5e4df85222c899d56245c3fa&id=cf4679ef1b&e=96f145ef5c)
** Tweet (https://capsa.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d5e4df85222c899d56245c3fa&id=36760a6d34&e=96f145ef5c https%3A%2F%2Fmailchi.mp%2F581bceb772ec%2Fcapsa-june-2020-newsletter)
** Tweet (https://capsa.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d5e4df85222c899d56245c3fa&id=8508e020b3&e=96f145ef5c https%3A%2F%2Fmailchi.mp%2F581bceb772ec%2Fcapsa-june-2020-newsletter)
** Forward (http://us3.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=d5e4df85222c899d56245c3fa&id=a804dfca3d&e=96f145ef5c)
** Forward (http://us3.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=d5e4df85222c899d56245c3fa&id=a804dfca3d&e=96f145ef5c)

Are you questioning your relationship with substances? Community counselling is available to help you examine that relationship.

** Click Here (https://capsa.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d5e4df85222c899d56245c3fa&id=91d6c66e9d&e=96f145ef5c)
** Website (www.capsa.ca)
** Facebook (https://capsa.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d5e4df85222c899d56245c3fa&id=a84a458ea7&e=96f145ef5c)
** Twitter (https://capsa.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d5e4df85222c899d56245c3fa&id=938080feb3&e=96f145ef5c)
Copyright © *|2020|* The Community Addictions Peer Support Association*, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:

P.O. Box 23121

Fairlawn Plaza

Ottawa K2A 4E2

You can ** update your preferences (https://capsa.us3.list-manage.com/profile?u=d5e4df85222c899d56245c3fa&id=5b7a833578&e=96f145ef5c)
.

This email was sent to homeles_ot-l at list.web.net (mailto:homeles_ot-l at list.web.net)
why did I get this? (https://capsa.us3.list-manage.com/about?u=d5e4df85222c899d56245c3fa&id=5b7a833578&e=96f145ef5c&c=a804dfca3d)     unsubscribe from this list (https://capsa.us3.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=d5e4df85222c899d56245c3fa&id=5b7a833578&e=96f145ef5c&c=a804dfca3d)     update subscription preferences (https://capsa.us3.list-manage.com/profile?u=d5e4df85222c899d56245c3fa&id=5b7a833578&e=96f145ef5c)
CAPSA . 2435 Holly Lane . Ottawa, On K1V 7V2 . Canada

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp
http://www.mailchimp.com/email-referral/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=referral_marketing&aid=d5e4df85222c899d56245c3fa&afl=1