[homeles_ot-l] Respite Centres Transition Planning

Boutet, Raynor Raynor.Boutet at ottawa.ca
Tue Aug 31 15:31:20 EDT 2021

Good afternoon everyone,

As the summer months come to an end, and we look forward to fall and transitioning out of emergency measures, we wanted to update our partners on where things are at. The Human Needs Command Centre (HNCC) has initiated its Recovery Strategy, including discussions and planning for the future transition of emergency services back to the community to a more sustainable and strengthened service system while ensuring the health and safety of residents, staff, and the community, always recognizing that the pandemic remains an ongoing risk.  Recently, the HNTF met with several our community partners to provide an update and initiate discussions on the recovery strategy.  As part of the update and transition planning, there will be upcoming changes to food services available at the temporary respite locations.

The Respite Centres have been fortunate to have the support of many community partners to bring food to the centres over the past several months as part of their emergency response efforts.  These agencies have identified the need to transition this level of food service back into the community which will support their ongoing sustainability as we move out of the emergency response. Therefore, to support this upcoming change in the level of food provided at the Respite Centres there will be a gradual transition of the meals provided over the coming weeks to hot drinks, water, and light snacks.

This transition has already occurred at the St. Paul’s location, and over the coming weeks, staff will begin engaging clients utilizing services at the Bernard Grandmaître and Tom Brown locations advising them of this change and timelines, while providing them with information on the available supports and resources in the surrounding community.  The HNCC will monitor the impact of these changes and continue to work closely with you, our community partners, to address ongoing needs.

St. Paul's Respite Centre

  *   Last day take away meals- Friday, August 20

Bernard Grandmaître Respite Centre

  *   Last day take away meals- Friday, September 24

Tom Brown Respite Centre

  *   Last day take away meals- Friday, October 15

Please feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions or concerns. We will continue to work collaboratively with our community partners to support this transition plan.

Raynor

Raynor Boutet – she, her, elle
COVID19 Human Needs Command Centre / Centre de commandement des besoins Humains
Community Liaison and Operational Issues Management / Liaison avec la communauté et de gestion des enjeux opérationnels
Community and Social Services Department / Direction Générale des services sociaux et communautaire
• Raynor.Boutet at ottawa.ca<mailto:Raynor.Boutet at ottawa.ca>
• Tel (613) 282-0659

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D79E7D.3E1E4230]

'

This e-mail originates from the City of Ottawa e-mail system. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than the intended recipient(s) is unauthorized. Thank you.

Le présent courriel a été expédié par le système de courriels de la Ville d'Ottawa. Toute distribution, utilisation ou reproduction du courriel ou des renseignements qui s'y trouvent par une personne autre que son destinataire prévu est interdite. Je vous remercie de votre collaboration.

'