[homeles_ot-l] Fwd: Ottawa Aboriginal Coalition Community Research Project

Alliance To End Homelessness info at endhomelessnessottawa.ca
Tue Jun 1 14:32:57 EDT 2021

FYI:

*Dear Community Members:*

On behalf of the Ottawa Aboriginal Coalition (OAC), we hope that you and
your families are keeping healthy and safe during these times.  You are
receiving this e-mail because you have attended an Ottawa Aboriginal
Coalition Community Forum in the last two years (prior to COVID-19). We
miss having the opportunity to gather with all of you in-person and catch
up on what is happening in our community.

Over the last year, the OAC has been working with our partners Ottawa
Public Health (OPH) and the University of Ottawa Institute of Mental Health
Research to create a community-based research project called "Ottawa
Indigenous Community Members' Experiences of COVID-19."  The research is
looking at the experiences of the Urban Indigenous community members (First
Nations, Métis and Inuit) since March 2020.  We released the survey last
week and hope to get 1,000 Indigenous community members to respond.

We are asking Indigenous people (First Nation, Inuit, or Métis), over the
age of 18 years, and living in the Ottawa area to complete the survey . As
part of their participation in this project we are providing:

   -

   $50 for your participation in the survey.
   -

   A small gift.
   -

   Mental health, cultural and spiritual supports after you have completed
   the survey.
   -

   Referrals to appropriate services and programs in the Ottawa community.

If you are an Indigenous person and over 18 please fill out the survey. If
you are a non-Indigenous person, we would appreciate your help to circulate
the flyer.

We would like to request everyone's assistance in the recruitment of
participants for this project. Please see attached the poster to this
email. We would greatly appreciate your support in circulating this poster
to your networks - your website, Listservs, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
etc.   On our Ottawa Aboriginal Coalition Facebook page, we have created a
post about the project, please feel free to share this post if this is
easier.

We greatly appreciate your support for this important research. If you have
any questions, please feel free to contact the research assistants (
COVID19Research at ottawaaboriginalcoalition.ca) for further information.

*Miigwetch, Qujannamiik, Maarsii, Thank you,*

 Ottawa Aboriginal Coalition Research Team

covid19research at ottawaaboriginalcoalition.ca

(343) 574-9996

Ottawa Aboriginal Coalition

<http://www.ottawaaboriginalcoalition.ca/>www.ottawaaboriginalcoalition.ca