[homeles_ot-l] Upcoming Event: Helping with Furniture Gala

Alliance To End Homelessness Ottawa info at endhomelessnessottawa.ca
Thu Apr 28 16:31:34 EDT 2022

FYI

*Upcoming Event:* Helping With Furniture’s 14th Annual Gala
<https://trellis.org/hwf-annual-gala> on May 13. #HWFVirtualHousewarming

Helping With Furniture <http://hwfottawa.org/> (HWF) is an award-winning
registered charity that provides gently-used furniture and household goods
to families and individuals in distress, to help them start new lives in
Ottawa. These include refugees, recent immigrants, people relocating from
shelters or leaving abusive situations, and people struggling with mental
illness or at risk of homelessness.

HWF is hosting its 14th Annual Gala virtually as a way to raise funds to
support another year of bettering lives in our community. All of the
proceeds from the Gala go directly towards supporting our free, 100%
volunteer-run programs. So far we’ve helped furnish over 3,000 Ottawa
households, more than 1,000 of which were furnished during the pandemic.
Our theme for this year, Housewarming, celebrates HWF’s move to a larger
warehouse in 2021, which enables us to accept more furniture donations and
allows clients to walk through and select their items.

This year’s gala will take place online and will feature everyone's
favourite local radio celebrity, Wendy Daniels, as our MC. We are also
thrilled to welcome Ottawa City Councillor Catherine McKenney as our
keynote speaker and local artist Cody Coyote
<https://www.codycoyotemusic.com/> for a musical performance. Find out more
about our entertainment, silent auction and the delicious take-home meal
available from Culinary Conspiracy on our event page:
https://trellis.org/hwf-annual-gala. You can buy your tickets, bid on the
silent auction (starting April 29!), and even donate directly to HWF.

We are very grateful for your support and we look forward to raising a
glass with you on May 13! Please help us make this gala a success by
spreading the word. You can easily share our event page on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/events/3888552021370637> or share the link above.

We look forward to celebrating our #HWFVirtualHousewarming with you!

Au plaisir,

Mireille Brownhill
Gala Lead / Coordo du gala
Bénévole / Volunteer