[homeles_ot-l] Remembering Lynne Browne

Kaite Burkholder Harris kaite at endhomelessnessottawa.ca
Mon Dec 4 08:00:00 EST 2023

It is with great sadness that we learned that the first Executive Director
of the Alliance to End Homelessness - Lynne Browne
<https://obituaries.thestar.com/obituary/lynne-browne-1089019344> passed
away suddenly at the end of October. She was an incredible advocate for
ending homelessness in our community and led the Alliance from being a
Steering Committee to an organization putting the spotlight on Ottawa’s
growing homelessness challenge. Lynne was a force to be reckoned with and
community partners recall her going toe to toe with politicians on a
regular basis advocating for systems solutions to homelessness.

Lynne's dedication and passion for her work were truly inspiring.
Throughout her tenure, she achieved significant milestones, including the
incorporation of the Alliance as a non-profit organization. Her efforts in
organizing the annual Community Forum, as well as publishing the annual
report card on housing and homelessness in Ottawa, have left a lasting
impact on our community. Not only was Lynne a tireless advocate for
political change, but she also demonstrated an unwavering commitment to her
role. Her dedication to the cause of ending homelessness was evident in her
work, and her legacy will continue to inspire us all.

Lynne dedicated over 10 years of her life to the Alliance, leaving an
indelible mark on the organization and the community we serve. We extend
our deepest condolences to her husband Jim and the entire Browne family
during this difficult time. Lynne's memory and contributions to this
community will be remembered. We are sad to have lost such a wonderful
advocate. She will be greatly missed by many.

--

Kaite Burkholder Harris  (she/her)
Executive Director