[homeles_ot-l] RSVP to "Ending Homelessness is Possible" Hosted by CBC's Catherine Cullen

Kaite Burkholder Harris kaite at endhomelessnessottawa.ca
Tue Dec 19 15:47:34 EST 2023

[image: image.png]

The Alliance to End Homelessness Ottawa is thrilled to invite you to an
exciting event taking place on *Tuesday, January 16th at 8 pm at Dominion
Chalmers.*

This event features international experts from Finland's Y-Foundation, CEO
Ojankoski Teija and Head of International Affairs, Juha Kahila, Federal
Housing Minister Sean Fraser, and CEO of the National Association of
Friendship Centres, Jocelyn Formsma.
RSVP here to attend in person (space is limited).
<https://www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca/in_person_ending_homelessness_is_possible_lessons_from_finland?e=4bed88c8810dcfe60c431a7baac2f483&utm_source=allianceottawa&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=rsvp_for_ending_homelessness_i&n=2&test_email=1>RSVP
here to attend online.
<https://www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca/virtual_ending_homelessness_is_possible_lessons_from_finland?e=4bed88c8810dcfe60c431a7baac2f483&utm_source=allianceottawa&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=rsvp_for_ending_homelessness_i&n=3&test_email=1>
------------------------------
Finland is a world leader in ending homelessness, having virtually
eliminated chronic homelessness altogether. The Y-Foundation has led the
charge as the country's largest social and supportive housing provider.
We'll hear how they've succeeded in doing this and senior reporter, and
host of CBC's The House Catherine Cullen will facilitate a discussion about
how we can make this happen in Canada too.

The event is in partnership with the Canadian Housing Renewal Association,
HART, Carleton University and supported by Infrastructure Canada.  We will
be live-streaming this across the country, and communities are setting up
viewing parties to engage local decision-makers.
Please join us and spread the word about this event to your networks!
Solutions to the homelessness and housing crisis exist, and sharing
real-life examples is part of moving in that direction together.

Hope to see you there!

--

Kaite Burkholder Harris  (she/her)
Executive Director