[homeles_ot-l] RSVP for "Ending Homelessness is Possible" Hosted by CBC's Catherine Cullen

Kaite Burkholder Harris kaite at endhomelessnessottawa.ca
Wed Dec 20 09:14:30 EST 2023

[image: Flyer for January Event.png]

[image: image.png]The Ottawa Alliance to End Homelessness is thrilled to
announce an exciting event coming up on *January 16th at 8 pm at Dominion
Chalmers *Event Space in Ottawa.

Finland is a world leader in ending homelessness, having virtually
eliminated chronic homelessness altogether. We're welcoming two leaders
from Finland's Y-Foundation, CEO, Ojankoski Teija, and Juha Kahila, Head of
International Affairs to speak about how they've gone from a homelessness
crisis to an international leader in ensuring that every person has a home.

Following their presentation, we'll be joined by Federal Minister of
Housing, Infrastructure, and Communities, Sean Fraser, and CEO of the
National Association of Friendship Centres, Jocelyn Formsma to join a
conversation on how we can make this happen in Canada too.

Catherine Cullen, senior reporter, and host of CBC's The House will be
moderating this event and we will be live-streaming this across the
country.
RSVP here to attend in person (space is limited).
<https://www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca/in_person_ending_homelessness_is_possible_lessons_from_finland?e=4bed88c8810dcfe60c431a7baac2f483&utm_source=allianceottawa&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=join_us_in_january_learning_fr&n=2>RSVP
here to attend online.
<https://www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca/virtual_ending_homelessness_is_possible_lessons_from_finland?e=4bed88c8810dcfe60c431a7baac2f483&utm_source=allianceottawa&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=join_us_in_january_learning_fr&n=3>
And lastly, spread the word to your networks! Please pass along this
information to your networks, neighbours, family & friends.

Solutions to the homelessness and housing crisis exist, and inspiring
people with real-life examples is part of moving in that direction together.

Hope to see you there!

--

Kaite Burkholder Harris  (she/her)
Executive Director