[homeles_ot-l] Fwd: Reminder: You're invited! Join us on February 8 for our "Newcomers Supporting Newcomers in Digital Spaces" workshop

Alliance To End Homelessness Ottawa info at endhomelessnessottawa.ca
Thu Feb 2 09:50:29 EST 2023

FYI:

Register today to learn tips on how to make your online communities safer.
View this email in your browser
<https://us11.campaign-archive.com/?e=__test_email__&u=b094eebe13c5a51f398c3ef33&id=413c7a10b4>
<http://bit.ly/NewcomersSupportingNewcomers?mc_cid=413c7a10b4&mc_eid=UNIQID>
Hello,

We are writing to remind you of our upcoming free virtual workshop: *Newcomers
Supporting Newcomers in Digital Spaces - How to Find and Share Information
With Your Communities Online. *The workshop takes place on* Wednesday,
February 8 from 1:00 to 3:00 PM ET* - mark it in your calendars!

Who is this workshop for? If you answer yes to the questions below, then *this
workshop is for you!*

   - Are you a member of a newcomer, racialized or diaspora community?
   - Do you share information with your communities online (on WhatsApp,
   Telegram, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)?

Register here today!
<http://bit.ly/NewcomersSupportingNewcomers?mc_cid=413c7a10b4&mc_eid=UNIQID>

We developed this workshop with Digital Connectors in mind! During
interviews and focus group discussions, we heard from them and other
newcomers about their needs and concerns, and we designed this workshop to
address them.

Participants will learn how to:

   - Find and share trusted information with their community
   - Handle frequently changing information online
   - Gain skills for managing disagreements and misinformation in their
   online groups

We’ll also be engaging in group discussions and playing a fun game hosted
by Anthony Morgan, Founder of Science Everywhere, that probes how we can
shift perspectives, manage disagreements and have constructive
conversations online.  You’ll learn from experts and from each other, and
by the end of the workshop, feel better equipped to share information in
online spaces.

*Help us spread the word *and make online communities safer for everyone.
Please share this workshop invitation with others in your network.

*This workshop is brought to you by the Vaccination, Misinformation and
Digital Media project, a partnership between Refugee 613 and the University
of Toronto. The Freestyle Socials game is hosted by Science Everywhere with
support from Science Up First.*

For more information, please contact us at Zain at refugee613.ca.

Thank you,

Refugee 613
[image: Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/?mc_cid=413c7a10b4&mc_eid=UNIQID>
[image: Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com?mc_cid=413c7a10b4&mc_eid=UNIQID>
[image: Website] <http://mailchimp.com?mc_cid=413c7a10b4&mc_eid=UNIQID>
*Our mailing address is:*
Refugee 613
959 Wellington Street West
Ottawa, ON K1Y 2X5
Canada
Add us to your address book
<https://refugee613.us11.list-manage.com/vcard?u=b094eebe13c5a51f398c3ef33&id=31e70be153&mc_cid=413c7a10b4&mc_eid=UNIQID>
This email was sent to zain at refugee613.ca
*why did I get this?*
<https://refugee613.us11.list-manage.com/about?u=b094eebe13c5a51f398c3ef33&id=31e70be153&e=__test_email__&c=413c7a10b4>
    unsubscribe from this list
<https://refugee613.us11.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=b094eebe13c5a51f398c3ef33&id=31e70be153&e=__test_email__&c=413c7a10b4>
    update subscription preferences
<https://refugee613.us11.list-manage.com/profile?u=b094eebe13c5a51f398c3ef33&id=31e70be153&e=__test_email__&c=413c7a10b4>
Refugee 613 · 959 Wellington Street West · Ottawa, ON K1Y 2X5 · Canada