[Sust-mar] Press Conference on ATV control - 2 Nov

Paul A Falvo pfalvo at chebucto.ns.ca
Mon Oct 31 08:24:45 EST 2005

From: Graham Smith <sage at eastlink.ca>

Hi Everyone:

You all know of the tragic ATV accident that recently cost the lives of
two Nova Scotia teenagers.  But safety is not the only area of weakness in
the government's response to the recommendations of the Voluntary Planning
Task Nova Scotia teenagers.  Other glaring omissions are protection of
private landowners' rights and protection for sensitive environments and
wilderness areas: both ignored.

The ATV issue will come to a head on Wednesday Nov-02 with a big press
conference in Halifax. Both opposition parties will host the press
conference and will call on government to accept the Task Force final
report as the truly "balanced approach" and to scrap their weak "action
plan". We need a large attendance there to support the call/motion.

Time is 1PM on Wednesday. Location is the legislature, probably the Red
Room.  We need to fill up the room in order to show strong interest in
this issue.

Please attend if possible and bring as many friends/supporters as you can.

See you all on Wednesday!

Graham Smith, CPAWS-NS