[Sust-mar] support CKDU 97.5 FM funding drive!

Paul A Falvo pfalvo at chebucto.ns.ca
Thu Sep 29 07:54:09 EDT 2005

CKDU 97.5 FM is Halifax's community radio station.
2005 FUNDING DRIVE is 21-29 October.

I'm helping my friend Leighton (Larry) Steele collect pledges for his
show, "Trois Beaux Canards" You can win great prizes if you pledge!
(Trois Beaux Canards is the FRENCH language show -- Thursdays at 19h00.
YOUR PLEDGE MONEY supports the whole station.

25$ gets you:
1. a Friends of CKDU card, which gives discounts at various businesses in Halifax. This list is still being finalized, but will include 10+ or more in discounts from each business.
2. one small selection from the prize room
3. one entry to the grand prize draw

50$ gets you
1. friends card
2. 2 selections from prize room
3. 2 entries to draw
4. A ckdu t-shirt

75$ gets you
1. friends card
2. 3 selections from prize room
3. 3 entries to draw
4. A ckdu t-shirt
5. your choice of ckdu mug or tote-bag

BONUS PRIZE FOR SUST-MAR READERS: since I am staying in Leighton's house
these days, and Leighton is not, I am offering for every $25 pledge to
TROIS BEAUX CANARDS: you can sit for one hour in Leighton's favourite
chair, wearing his continental robe, listening to his CDs. We cannot drink
his booze nor smoke his cigars b/c he took all his alcohol, tobacco and
firearms with him. But, we can boil up his tea!

So ... please make a PLEDGE to support CKDU.

But don't pledge b/c of the the great prizes (which may exceed the value
of your pledge!) ...

Do it to SUPPORT COMMUNITY RADIO! ckdu plays great music, has great
environment and other social justice news ... and gives a voice to many
that would otherwise not be heard. All the more important now that CBC is
locked out.

HOW DO YOU PLEDGE?

Easy. Send no money now. In fact, give no money to me ever ... just send
me your name and coordinates and the mount of your pledge. CKDU will mail
you a prize pack. Then pay your pledge to CKDU. You can pay now or wait
til after the drive. But, you'll get your pick of prizes if you pay sooner
and get yourself into the prize room when it opens up around 29 Oct.

Check CKDU's website for additional details, including grand prize draw
details, list of merchants giving a discount for the Friends card, etc.
http://www.ckdu.ca

.....P
 _ < _
() / ()

PS I will personally pledge to every CKDU host who signs up to sust-mar
and sends out a notice about your show and seeking pledges!