[Sust-mar] Ecology Action Centre Harvest Festival 2006

Harvest Feast harvest at ecologyaction.ca
Mon Aug 21 12:42:29 EDT 2006

........please distribute widely and wildly......

Ecology Action Centre Presents:
3rd Annual Harvest Festival
When: Sunday, September 10th 10-5pm (rain or shine)
Where: Victoria Park on spring Garden Road, Halifax
Admission is Free

Meet the farmers who grow our food!  Taste the Nova Scotia Harvest!

Come out to a day in the park and celebrate the Nova Scotia Harvest,
presented by Ecology Action Centre’s Food Action Committee.

Local and ecological food production will be the focus as you enjoy fresh,
Nova Scotia grown food, live music and demonstrations. Learn about the value
of local food, and our ability to shape current agricultural practices.

Featuring local musicans: Verbal Warning, the Museum Pieces, Old Man
Ludecke, The Wilderbeats, Eric Fresia & Offsprings, David Myles & The Dirty
Poets.

For more information:
Contact: Janna Graham 902-442-5051, harvest at ecologyaction.ca

On Sunday, September 10th, 2006 from 10:00am-5:00pm, the Ecology Action
Centre’s Food Action Committee will be holding their Third Annual September
Harvest Festival in Victoria Park (Spring Garden Rd.) in downtown Halifax.
This event will be free to the public in an effort to promote and celebrate
locally grown food in a festive environment.

The goal of the event is to foster connections between food producers and
those that purchase their products. A variety of farmers and food
enthusiasts will be on hand with an array of delicious foods produced in
Nova Scotia. People will have the opportunity to interact with producers in
an informal and celebratory setting, ask questions, as well as to sample and
purchase available products. This highly anticipated, festival-style event
will include live music, theatre, guest speakers, games and food sampling.
This event is sure to whet your appetite and leave us better informed about
the value of local food, and our ability to shape current agriculture
practices through our purchasing decisions.

The festival will feature local musical talents : Verbal Warning, The Museum
Pieces, The Wilderbeats, The Dirty Poets, Old Man Ludecke, Eric Fresia & The
OffSrings & David Myles.

We are also planning on holding demonstrations such as apple cider pressing,
and cooking demos with local chefs.

We are delighted to invite local producers and businesses to participate in
the Harvest Festival by hosting a table in Victoria Park (a busy, downtown
location) to promote their farm or business, sell items, and to interact
with customers directly. Alongside producers, there will be a variety of
local interests groups at the event with information surrounding food
politic. Last years event proved an enormous success reaching over 2,000
attendees!

For more information on the festival, or if you wish to book a vendor,
commuinty group, or business table - contact -

Janna Graham
harvest at ecologyaction.ca
ph: (902) 442-5051

2705 Fern Lane