[Sust-mar] Halifax Green Drinks, coastal theme: Feb 22/06

Karen Miner karenminer at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 10 12:47:16 EST 2006

What could be better for the end of February than thinking of sandy beaches
and waves crashing on rocky shores?

Mark your calendar for February 22, 2006 for Halifax Green Drinks: Coastal
Theme

Place: Nail and Kneecap, 6194 Quinpool

Time: 7pm-10pm

In homage to our diverse and beautiful coastline, this month's Green Drinks
will have a Coastal Theme. The idea will still be the same, providing a
space for informal networking and social time for environmentally conscious
folks here in Halifax, but we are hoping that there will also be some good
conversation about the state of Nova Scotia's coasts.

Several Special Guests who actively work in areas related to coastal issues
will be attending this month, including:

Cory Aldous: Tidal Barriers Coordinator - Ecology Action Centre
Justin Huston: Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
Jennifer McKeane: Tourism Industry Association of Nova Scotia
Anna McCarron: Chair of Coastal Coalition of Nova Scotia
Ron Scott: Tidal Power Entrepreneur
Jennifer Smith: World Wildlife Federation Canada
Sean Weseloh McKeane: Coastal Coordinator - Ecology Action Centre

To encourage coastal conversation and to add a bit of fun to the evening we
ask you to bring something that symbolizes your connection to the coast (an
object, piece of clothing, photo etc) . It could be a photo of your favorite
beach (in Nova Scotia or the world) or that great rock you found last summer
at Martinique. There will also be a bit of trivia courtesy of the Coastal
Communities Network.

Green Drinks Halifax has been meeting as a dynamic informal networking group
on the last Wednesday of every month since last summer. Invitation is open
to anyone interested in environmental/sustainability issues who's keen to
chat with other like minded folks. We look forward to meeting you or
welcoming you back. Visit www.greendrinks.org for more information.

As always, RSVPs are appreciated but not required. Please send RSVPs and
comments to greendrinks_halifax at yahoo.ca