[Sust-mar] An excellent interview with Ed Schreyer on Energy issues and Peak Oil

Douglas Denny douglasdenny at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 15:35:21 EST 2006

*In Brief:*

Edward Schreyer, former Governor General of Canada and current NDP candidate
in Manitoba, speaks candidly about the energy crisis and his return to
politics with GPM's David Room.

*"This is a matter of imminent emergency and necessity, to get on with the
job of putting in place wind turbines, hydroelectric turbines and biodiesel
plants... ethanol too, for that matter. And all this we have to do
increasingly, and we have to get on with it... we have spun our tires these
past 8 years now with the Kyoto protocol. The government of Canada has
apparently got some kind of self satisfation out of saying it signed on... I
keep asking after a thousand and one press releases, what has actually
eventuated in the building of anything- and the answer is virtually nothing.
In fact we've gone from bad to worse with natural gas consumption, and
depletion therefore, of natural gas and oil."*

         http://www.globalpublicmedia.com/interviews/620