[Sust-mar] Please post - RenewCoop

Margaret Tusz-King mtuszkin at nb.sympatico.ca
Tue Jan 17 13:00:18 EST 2006

RenewCoop is a federally-incorporated 'green investment cooperative' that is
being created by people in the Tantramar region of New Brunswick.  This
region has a vision of being a 'green energy sustainable region', i.e. that
it consume no more energy than it can produce, through
environmentally-sustainable ways.  Being one of the windier areas of Canada,
there are numerous wind energy development initiatives in progress here.
Funding for these projects, though, is coming from outside the region.
There is currently no way for local smaller investors to invest in, and earn
profits from, these initiatives.

RenewCoop is gathering members who would like to encourage and invest in
green projects in the Tantramar region of New Brunswick - not just wind farms, but also other
ventures.  With enough members, and enough capital, we plan to get involved
with these potentially-lucrative projects, to encourage them, and to keep
some of the profits in our communities.

For more information, or to become a member of this green energy investment cooperative, please check out our website:
http://www.renewcoop.net

thanks!

Margaret Tusz-King
for the RenewCoop Working Group