[Sust-mar] Summer Student, Bathurst Sustainable Dev't, Bathurst NB, Jun 12 deadline

GoodWork Canada p2 at planetfriendly.net
Mon Jun 5 15:52:30 EDT 2006

[as posted to GoodWork http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca ]

SUMMER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY

Position: Summer Student
       http://www.bathurstsustainabledevelopment.com

Date posted to GoodWorkCanada.ca: Jun 5, 2006
Application deadline: until 5pm, Mon Jun 12, 2006
Start date: Jun 12, 2006
Location: Bathurst, New Brunswick, Canada

Bathurst Sustainable Development (BSD) is now accepting
resumes for the position of Summer Student - Project
Assistant to work with our organization on issues
pertaining to Sustainable Development.

Number of Positions: 1 full-time

Qualifications Required:

~ Age 30 year or younger
~ Fluent in French both written and oral
~ Fluent in English both written and oral
~ Strong understanding of current environmental, social,
economic and urban issues
~ Able to use Email, Excel, Power Point, MS Word
~ Must have access at home to internet and computer
~ Must be capable of disciplined, independent work format
~ Flexible working hours

Preference will be given to students studying in the fields of:

- Environmental Technologies,
- Environmental/ Social Sciences,
- All Earth Sciences disciplines,
- Masters in Project Management
- Urban Issues Studies,
- Environmental Health Sciences
- Transportation/ Urban Planning
- Environmental Engineering
- Renewable Energy Technologies

Duties may include:

- Making verbal public presentations using PP
- Assisting with preparing Surveys, handouts, brochures
- Assisting with public consultations
- Assisting with basic translation of letters, newletters etc...
- Attending meetings, taking minutes
- Public Information Sharing
- Assist with the coordination of Public Events

Terms: 12 weeks beginning June 5 or June 12, 2006

Rate: Minimum wage plus benefits

Hours: 35 hours per week

Applications will be accepted until 5pm, Monday, June 12.
Resumes may be delivered electronically by email at
rosewood at nbnet.nb.ca or dropped off in our mailbox
at our office at 285 St. Patrick Street, Bathurst, NB.

No phone calls please. Only applicants chosen for interviews will be notified.

Thank-you!

Brenda Kelley, Community Development Coordinator for
Bathurst Sustainable Development (BSD),
285 St. Patrick Street, Bathurst, NB, E2A 1C9
http://www.bathurstsustainabledevelopment.com

This message will be posted online at one or more of:
GoodWork Canada http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
Planet Volunteer http://www.PlanetVolunteer.net
EcoProperty Canada http://www.EcoProperty.ca
Any changes or corrections will appear there.

SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
SUBSCRIBE to EcoProperty at: http://www.EcoProperty.ca
or e-mail to: ecoproperty-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
UN-SUBSCRIBE: the unsubscribe address is found at
the very bottom of this message, and here:

POST IT with GoodWork: http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
POST IT with PlanetVolunteer: http://www.PlanetVolunteer.net
POST IT with EcoProperty.ca: http://www.EcoProperty.ca
Questions? Contact us: http://www.planetfriendly.net/inquiry.html

IF GOODWORK HELPS -- please help GoodWork! Please
support us in our mission to bring GoodWork to people
across Canada. Please make your cheque payable to:
People and Planet, PO Box 21006 -- RPO Ottawa South,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada  K1S 5N1.  Or donate by VISA
or MasterCard at http://www.planetfriendly.net/donate.html
(Not tax-deductible. If you want a receipt, please indicate so,
and include your e-mail address so we can send you one.)

DISCLAIMER: GoodWork/People & Planet does not verify the
accuracy of the messages and listings we distribute. We also do
not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved.
It is the responsibility of the reader to confirm important details
with the other party/organization, and to take any suitable
precautions before accepting employment, a contract or
any other arrangement.

--
GoodWork Canada http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
PlanetVolunteer http://www.PlanetVolunteer.net
People & Planet http://www.Planetfriendly.net

~ it takes *people* to build a healthier world ~

Listing ID: 2278