[Sust-mar] Newfoundland Climate Action Campaign Coord., Sierra Club of Canada, St. John's NF, Jun 16 deadline

GoodWork Canada p2 at planetfriendly.net
Mon Jun 5 16:50:02 EDT 2006

[as posted to GoodWork http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca ]
[plus topical links and resources, below - ed ]

EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY

Position: Newfoundland Climate Action Campaign Coordinator
       http://www.sierraclub.ca/atlantic

Date posted to GoodWorkCanada.ca: Jun 5, 2006
Application deadline: Jun 16, 2006
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland

Start date: As soon as practical
Salary: Commensurate with experience

Duties:

The Climate Action Campaigner will implement a multi-
faceted province-wide campaign to push the envelope on
energy efficiency and accelerate the adoption of renewable
green energy in ways which will enhance community
economic development. We will be working with a broad
spectrum of partners throughout the region to make
Atlantic Canada a centre for sustainable energy
development.

Duties will include public outreach, networking, media
relations, participating with other groups in joint activities,
maintaining a website, researching and writing funding
proposals and preparing reports to funders.

Skills:

Besides having a passion for protecting the environment
and wanting to work in an environmental advocacy
organization, the successful candidate will have excellent
writing and speaking skills. They will be highly motivated
and self-directed, comfortable working in an unstructured
environment both independently and as part of a team,
willing and able to assume a high level of responsibility for
a project from start to finish, show initiative to seize and
develop new opportunities. A post-secondary degree is an
asset, along with a talent for grassroots networking and
education as well as fundraising. A strong knowledge of the
issues of climate change and renewable energy is
important. Knowledge of economic development will also
be an asset.

This is a one year position with the potential to evolve into
a permanent position. There is some flexibility in number
of hours worked.

TO APPLY:

Send cover letter and resume including three references
(email preferred) to:

Emily McMillan
Director, Sierra Club of Canada - Atlantic Canada Chapter
1657 Barrington St., Suite 507
Halifax, NS, B3J 2A1
emilym at sierraclub.ca
Phone: 902-444-3113
Fax: 902-444-3116
http://www.sierraclub.ca/atlantic

Application deadline: June 16, 2006

* Note that only applicants who are selected for an
interview will be contacted. We thank you in advance
for applying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[GoodWork Editor adds... topical links, resources & opportunities:

Sierra Club of Canada - Atlantic Canada Chapter
http://www.sierraclub.ca/atlantic

~~~~~

Climate Change -- links, resources, organizations
Sierra Club http://www.sierraclub.ca/atlantic/energy.htm
Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming
Portal: http://www.planetfriendly.net/climate_change.html
Directory: http://directory.google.com/Top/Society/Issues/Environment/Climate_Change/
News: http://news.google.ca/news?ned=ca&q=%22climate+change%22
Search: http://www.google.com/search?q=%22climate+change%22

~~~~~

Renewable Green Energy -- links, organizations, opportunities
http://www.sierraclub.ca/atlantic/energy.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_conservation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renewable_energy
http://www.planetfriendly.net/energy.html
http://www.planetfriendly.net/energy.html#orgs
http://directory.google.com/Top/Science/Environment/Energy/

~~~~~

Newfoundland - general info and links
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newfoundland
http://directory.google.com/Top/Regional/North_America/Canada/Newfoundland_and_Labrador/

Newfoundland Environmental Groups and Organizations
http://www.cornet.nf.ca/web/nlen/

]

This message will be posted online at one or more of:
GoodWork Canada http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
Planet Volunteer http://www.PlanetVolunteer.net
EcoProperty Canada http://www.EcoProperty.ca
Any changes or corrections will appear there.

SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
SUBSCRIBE to EcoProperty at: http://www.EcoProperty.ca
or e-mail to: ecoproperty-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
UN-SUBSCRIBE: the unsubscribe address is found at
the very bottom of this message, and here:

POST IT with GoodWork: http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
POST IT with PlanetVolunteer: http://www.PlanetVolunteer.net
POST IT with EcoProperty.ca: http://www.EcoProperty.ca
Questions? Contact us: http://www.planetfriendly.net/inquiry.html

IF GOODWORK HELPS -- please help GoodWork! Please
support us in our mission to bring GoodWork to people
across Canada. Please make your cheque payable to:
People and Planet, PO Box 21006 -- RPO Ottawa South,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada  K1S 5N1.  Or donate by VISA
or MasterCard at http://www.planetfriendly.net/donate.html
(Not tax-deductible. If you want a receipt, please indicate so,
and include your e-mail address so we can send you one.)

DISCLAIMER: GoodWork/People & Planet does not verify the
accuracy of the messages and listings we distribute. We also do
not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved.
It is the responsibility of the reader to confirm important details
with the other party/organization, and to take any suitable
precautions before accepting employment, a contract or
any other arrangement.

--
GoodWork Canada http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
PlanetVolunteer http://www.PlanetVolunteer.net
People & Planet http://www.Planetfriendly.net

~ it takes *people* to build a healthier world ~

Listing ID: 2283